Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application for Settled Status as primary carer of an elderly, 10 years after leaving the UK

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaoS View Post
    Thank you, I'll follow the advice provided and write them an email: I'll try to see if airlines can confirm flights and get my trips to UK history from the Home office. Needless to say it is very sad, frustrating to phone the Home Office and get such varied answers. The first person advice was in line with the advice given here, very clearly stated that I only had to provided evidence of returning to the UK before a five year lapse. However, the two last two people were very insistent that traveling to the UK most years since I left was not enough. They insisted that because 10 years had past from me leaving the UK, I had to provide evidence of living in the country for a period of 6 months for up to 5 years in the last 10 years since I left. By the way, when I submitted the application I had not completed 10 years of being a established in Switzerland but in the last week, it would be my 10th anniversary - although I was very much going back to the UK in 2011.
    Hello again,

Yes, it is very unfortunate that not everyone is properly trained to answer all queries, it looks like some people only know the basics and are not aware of additional provisions, and only recite the first script that comes to mind, this isn't the first time I've encountered this, I myself had a similar experience when I rang the resolution centre line for organisations, to make an enquiry, and they seemed to be looking for something to read out to me, which I had already read myself, only it hadn't addressed the specific query.

This is info for other readers, in case it might help them. I'm happy for site Adm to delete. I've just found my bank account statements from 2015 with clear evidence I was in the UK. Unfortunately, first I had checked only my travel bookings in one email account and could not find any of 2015, so I assumed for a long time, that I had not been in the UK, even stated it. Now, I am finding transactions, photos and all sort of data that shows I was. I had just forgotten. The problem is that because I believed otherwise I said I had not travelled, so I recommend doing all prior checks before you telling that you were not in the UK a specific year. Just because you can't find your reservation of a plane ticket, it does not mean you did not go. Check all account statements first of all years, you may have forgotten when you travelled. Good luck.
    Many thaks for sharing your experience which can, indeed, be useful to others.

Do bear in mind even if you said you hadn't been here, if you've found the evidence, you can still forward it, it's easy to forget every trip you made in the last 10 years. In the end, what matters is not what you initially said but what you can prove, if you can show your travels here, then do forward them to the EUSS team.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi
      Just got a letter from HO, states I have "Indefinite Right of Entry", just like that. So my timeline is 14th march 2021 Application sent. 21th April approved.

Thank you UKCEN. You have been of incredible assistance, moral support too. I will make a donation to UKCEN this week, would make it independent of HO decision.

I have very mixed feelings, one side of me is very relieved. UK will remain our home, our base. But the experience has not been positive one, not at all what I expected from a country with a State of Law. People in the HO are nice on the phone, but the range of varied information, different request of evidence etc. has been amazing. It seems to me there is a huge legal void and the processes gave me an impression of decisions taken very arbitrary. You have to be insistent. I would like to send a private email to UKCEN admin if I may. Please instruct me
      All the best to all those out there with more than 9 years outside of the UK. Remember the deadline is 30. June 2021, so you still have time.

Best regards

Comment

Hi
        Just got a letter from HO, states I have "Indefinite Right of Entry", just like that. So my timeline is 14th march 2021 Application sent. 21th April approved.

Thank you UKCEN. You have been of incredible assistance, moral support too. I will make a donation to UKCEN this week, would make it independent of HO decision.
        Hello again,

I'm very happy to hear this!

Applications made form outside the UK get Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) rather than remain (ILR), as it would be a bit absurd to get indefinite leave to remain (abroad), but it's the same thing.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

If you think we have helped, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Hi

Best regards
            Brilliant news! Congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
            X