Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeline for submission, absences and UKVCAS appointment (w/ settled status)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barlando View Post
    3. If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy
    I've never spent time as a student or a self-sufficient person, so I guess this does not apply to me.
    Everyone just has to tick the box regardless.

4. Mr barlando's proof of Nationality.
    As point 1 above, I can provide my passport(s).
    Yes, somehow this is always split into two items.

5. Mr barlando's certificate proving you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher
    I've got my IELTS Life Skills B1, obtained in March 2021.

6. Proof of living in the UK for Mr barlando for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen. If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3- or 5-year period.
    As mentioned above I've got P60s, payslips, NiN, and council tax invoices.
    I have a self-assessment tax return for the year 2019-2020.
    I have the Status Outcome letters for Pre-Settled (9 Dec 2018) and Settled (15 April 2020) statuses
    I've also got a discharge letter from the hospital in London where I had surgery in March 2017.
    I have got a letter from the council with confirmation of the Application to vote by post (April 2021).
    I have got a letter from my employer's HR confirming a promotion (Jan 2020)
    I also got tons of back account statements/credit card statements with transactions, but there are hundreds of pages. Is it worth uploading them as well or the above is enough?
    You may want to refer to this post: Evidence of residence

...where you'll see:
    • Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the relevant 3 or 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
    That means you don't need to submit that many documents, for example, if you have P60s covering a certain period, you don't need further evidence for that period, nor would a promotion letter come into it, employer's letters refer to letters that indicate the period that you have been/were working for them.

The reason we have so many different examples of documents listed is largely for the benefit of those who haven't been working, if you have their preferred evidence in terms of P60s, etc. you don't need to also send bank statements, medical letters, etc. covering the same periods. These items are only for periods not covered by any other evidence.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

10. Two referee declarations for Mr barlando.
      I have got them, one dated 18th April 2021, the other one will be dated 25th April 2021

11. Mr barlando's most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment
      I think this is asked because I selected both "An employee" and "Self-employed" when asked. My main source of income and main work is as an employee, but in September 2020 I have registered as self-employed to do some weekend extra consultancy work.
      I have provided details of my employer in the application online form and I will include details of my self-employment in my cover letter.
      The most recent self-assessment tax return I've submitted is the 2019-2020 one. I have not done the 2020-2021 one yet as I need some extra info I'll get in the next few months (and there's time until Jan 2022 to submit it).
      What is not clear to me is what the "tax year account statement" is. Any idea?
      You only need to submit the latest self-assessment, and the Home Office would be aware that these are done usually annualy and a year in arrears, so the one you mention would be the last one.

One final question: is there any chance that I'll be asked to send/provide my physical current Italian passport, so that I'm left without a passport while my application is considered? I will need it for all sorts of things and I'd rather keep it with me...
      No, all documents have to be uploaded in digital format, including the passport, which will also be checked at the biometrics appointment and returned to you there and then.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

You only need to submit the latest self-assessment, and the Home Office would be aware that these are done usually annually and a year in arrears, so the one you mention would be the last one.
        Brilliant, thank you!

Do you happen to know what the "tax year account statement" is? I can provide the "corresponding HMRC tax return", but I can't understand what the other one is.

Comment

Brilliant, thank you!

Do you happen to know what the "tax year account statement" is? I can provide the "corresponding HMRC tax return", but I can't understand what the other one is.
          You just need to send your latest self-assessment, as noted here: Requirements for self-employed people - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:
          If you are self-employed when you apply, you need to provide only the most recent HMRC self-assessment statement of account for this purpose.

Although there is no need to submit earlier ones for this purpose, you may still want to submit them if you are applying with settled status and need to prove lawful residence in the last 5 years, as noted here: Lawful residence for applicants relying on settled status for citizenship

You need to send the SA300 or SA302

Comment

You just need to send your latest self-assessment, as noted here: Requirements for self-employed people - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:
            If you are self-employed when you apply, you need to provide only the most recent HMRC self-assessment statement of account for this purpose.

Although there is no need to submit earlier ones for this purpose, you may still want to submit them if you are applying with settled status and need to prove lawful residence in the last 5 years, as noted here: Lawful residence for applicants relying on settled status for citizenship

You need to send the SA300 or SA302
            Thank you very much, super helpful as always.

I've booked myUKVCAS appointment for the 6th of May, I'll update on the status of my application once I get a response.

Comment

Thank you very much, super helpful as always.

I've booked myUKVCAS appointment for the 6th of May, I'll update on the status of my application once I get a response.

Comment

Hello,
                I've got a "last minute" question.

Although I have booked an enhanced service point, I've uploaded all the documents I have in PDF format (for many of them I actually don't have hard copies, e.g. my P60s come in digital format only)

I wanted to speed up thing as much as possible on the day.

My question is: If I hit the "submit" button on the website, will the UKVCAS worker check and in case re-scan documents if they are not right? Or is the online submission final?

Reading the forum and the UKVCAS website, it seems to me that the former is the case, but I just wanted confirmation that I understood correctly.

Many thanks

Comment

Hello,
                  I've got a "last minute" question.

Although I have booked an enhanced service point, I've uploaded all the documents I have in PDF format (for many of them I actually don't have hard copies, e.g. my P60s come in digital format only)

I wanted to speed up thing as much as possible on the day.
                  Morning,

You've done the right thing, there's hardly any point in printing out documents you have in digital format, only to get them re-scanned at the appointment.

My question is: If I hit the "submit" button on the website, will the UKVCAS worker check and in case re-scan documents if they are not right? Or is the online submission final?

Reading the forum and the UKVCAS website, it seems to me that the former is the case, but I just wanted confirmation that I understood correctly.

Many thanks
                  We have covered that here: Uploading documents to the UKVCAS interface - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll see:

Submitting documents

UKVCAS have added the option to submit documents. Please refer to their web page for more information: UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services

You can buy the document checking service if you want our team to check that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment, that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality and are complete.

Please note: We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. If you choose to submit your documents and you have purchased document checking, we will perform the document checking process before the submission.

To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date.

The SUBMIT button will disappear once you are less than 2 days away from the appointment, but it's still possible to continue uploading documents.

If you have booked an appointment at an enhanced service point (ESP) or a Premium Lounge, your appointment will include document scanning and checking services, so you don't need to scan your own, just take the originals to the appointment with you.

You can still upload any documents you have in digital format, for example, PDFs downloaded from online systems.

It is very unlikely that documents you already had in digital format wouldn't be of good enough quality to be used, in fact, I've yet to see someone being told that the documents they uploaded were not good enough to use, either at the UKVCAS appointment or, if submitted without checking, by the Home Office caseworker dealing with the application.

Comment

Morning,

You've done the right thing, there's hardly any point in printing out documents you have in digital format, only to get them re-scanned at the appointment.

We have covered that here: Uploading documents to the UKVCAS interface - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll see:

Submitting documents

UKVCAS have added the option to submit documents. Please refer to their web page for more information: UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services

The SUBMIT button will disappear once you are less than 2 days away from the appointment, but it's still possible to continue uploading documents.

If you have booked an appointment at an enhanced service point (ESP) or a Premium Lounge, your appointment will include document scanning and checking services, so you don't need to scan your own, just take the originals to the appointment with you.

You can still upload any documents you have in digital format, for example, PDFs downloaded from online systems.

It is very unlikely that documents you already had in digital format wouldn't be of good enough quality to be used, in fact, I've yet to see someone being told that the documents they uploaded were not good enough to use, either at the UKVCAS appointment or, if submitted without checking, by the Home Office caseworker dealing with the application.
                    Fab, super helpful as always!

Comment

Just to let you know that I have received a letter from the Home Ofice today saying that my application was successful and I now need to book a ceremony.
                      It took more or less 4 months from the day of my UKVCAS appointment.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions and tips, you have made my life much easier.
                      Last edited by barlando; 13-09-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Just to let you know that I have received a letter from the Home Ofice today saying that my application was successful and I now need to book a ceremony.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions and tips, you have made my life much easier.
                        Morning,

I'm very happy to hear this!

Delighted to have been of help!

Comment

If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Fab news, well done!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
                              Done

Comment

Done
                                This means a lot to us! Very much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X