Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeline for submission, absences and UKVCAS appointment (w/ settled status)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline for submission, absences and UKVCAS appointment (w/ settled status)

Hi all,

I’m not sure which section this post should go, so please apologies and in case don’t hesitate to move it.

I’m putting together my application for naturalisation, and although I had a look at the various sections of the forum and read what I think is relevant, I’m still unsure about some aspects of the application, in particular the timeline.

Here’s my situation so far:
    • I’ve got settled status, obtained on 15 April 2020, so it’ll be 1 year on 15 April 2021;
    • I’ve booked both English Test and Life in the UK for the end of March, and I’m fairly confident I can pass both;
    • I’ve go my two referee;
    • I have a “parking ticket” for failing to comply with a sign to pass to the specified side of the sign, but a part from this I think I can be able to meet the Good Character requirement;
    • I plan to submit my application during the first week of June

Now what is less clear to me:
    • I’ll probably have to temporarily leave the UK for work for a few months in early April and be back likely in August;
    • This will add to my days of absence, and I’ve calculated that, as of 8 June 2021 I’ll have 360 days of absence in the past 5 years and 84 in the last year. My first question is: does the counting stop on the day of submission of the application?
    • My second question is: will I be able to book my UKVCAS appointment in August? Is this a realistic timescale?
    • My final question for the moment is probably minor: I did not get exactly the timing of the date-sign of the photos by the referee. Would this fit my timescale above?
    Apologies for the length of the message and many thanks for your help.

• Site Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by barlando View Post

Done
    This means a lot to us! Very much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• barlando
    replied
    Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
    If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
    Done

Leave a comment:

• ClaudLatina
    replied
    Just to let you know that I have received a letter from the Home Ofice today saying that my application was successful and I now need to book a ceremony.
    It took more or less 4 months from the day of my UKVCAS appointment.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions and tips, you have made my life much easier.
    Fab news, well done!

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied
    If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied
    Just to let you know that I have received a letter from the Home Ofice today saying that my application was successful and I now need to book a ceremony.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions and tips, you have made my life much easier.
    Morning,

I'm very happy to hear this!

Delighted to have been of help!

Leave a comment:

• barlando
    replied

Last edited by barlando; 13-09-2021, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• barlando
    replied
    Morning,

You've done the right thing, there's hardly any point in printing out documents you have in digital format, only to get them re-scanned at the appointment.

We have covered that here: Uploading documents to the UKVCAS interface - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll see:

Submitting documents

UKVCAS have added the option to submit documents. Please refer to their web page for more information: UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services

The SUBMIT button will disappear once you are less than 2 days away from the appointment, but it's still possible to continue uploading documents.

If you have booked an appointment at an enhanced service point (ESP) or a Premium Lounge, your appointment will include document scanning and checking services, so you don't need to scan your own, just take the originals to the appointment with you.

You can still upload any documents you have in digital format, for example, PDFs downloaded from online systems.

It is very unlikely that documents you already had in digital format wouldn't be of good enough quality to be used, in fact, I've yet to see someone being told that the documents they uploaded were not good enough to use, either at the UKVCAS appointment or, if submitted without checking, by the Home Office caseworker dealing with the application.
    Fab, super helpful as always!

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied
    Hello,
    I've got a "last minute" question.

Although I have booked an enhanced service point, I've uploaded all the documents I have in PDF format (for many of them I actually don't have hard copies, e.g. my P60s come in digital format only)

I wanted to speed up thing as much as possible on the day.
    Morning,

You've done the right thing, there's hardly any point in printing out documents you have in digital format, only to get them re-scanned at the appointment.

My question is: If I hit the "submit" button on the website, will the UKVCAS worker check and in case re-scan documents if they are not right? Or is the online submission final?

Reading the forum and the UKVCAS website, it seems to me that the former is the case, but I just wanted confirmation that I understood correctly.

Many thanks
    We have covered that here: Uploading documents to the UKVCAS interface - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll see:

Submitting documents

UKVCAS have added the option to submit documents. Please refer to their web page for more information: UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services

You can buy the document checking service if you want our team to check that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment, that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality and are complete.

Please note: We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. If you choose to submit your documents and you have purchased document checking, we will perform the document checking process before the submission.

To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date.

The SUBMIT button will disappear once you are less than 2 days away from the appointment, but it's still possible to continue uploading documents.

If you have booked an appointment at an enhanced service point (ESP) or a Premium Lounge, your appointment will include document scanning and checking services, so you don't need to scan your own, just take the originals to the appointment with you.

You can still upload any documents you have in digital format, for example, PDFs downloaded from online systems.

It is very unlikely that documents you already had in digital format wouldn't be of good enough quality to be used, in fact, I've yet to see someone being told that the documents they uploaded were not good enough to use, either at the UKVCAS appointment or, if submitted without checking, by the Home Office caseworker dealing with the application.

Leave a comment:

• barlando
    replied
    Hello,
    I've got a "last minute" question.

Although I have booked an enhanced service point, I've uploaded all the documents I have in PDF format (for many of them I actually don't have hard copies, e.g. my P60s come in digital format only)

I wanted to speed up thing as much as possible on the day.

My question is: If I hit the "submit" button on the website, will the UKVCAS worker check and in case re-scan documents if they are not right? Or is the online submission final?

Reading the forum and the UKVCAS website, it seems to me that the former is the case, but I just wanted confirmation that I understood correctly.

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied

Thank you very much, super helpful as always.

I've booked myUKVCAS appointment for the 6th of May, I'll update on the status of my application once I get a response.

Leave a comment:

• barlando
    replied

You just need to send your latest self-assessment, as noted here: Requirements for self-employed people - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:
    If you are self-employed when you apply, you need to provide only the most recent HMRC self-assessment statement of account for this purpose.

Although there is no need to submit earlier ones for this purpose, you may still want to submit them if you are applying with settled status and need to prove lawful residence in the last 5 years, as noted here: Lawful residence for applicants relying on settled status for citizenship

You need to send the SA300 or SA302
    Thank you very much, super helpful as always.

I've booked myUKVCAS appointment for the 6th of May, I'll update on the status of my application once I get a response.

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied

Brilliant, thank you!

Do you happen to know what the "tax year account statement" is? I can provide the "corresponding HMRC tax return", but I can't understand what the other one is.
    You just need to send your latest self-assessment, as noted here: Requirements for self-employed people - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:
    If you are self-employed when you apply, you need to provide only the most recent HMRC self-assessment statement of account for this purpose.

Although there is no need to submit earlier ones for this purpose, you may still want to submit them if you are applying with settled status and need to prove lawful residence in the last 5 years, as noted here: Lawful residence for applicants relying on settled status for citizenship

You need to send the SA300 or SA302

Leave a comment:

• barlando
    replied

You only need to submit the latest self-assessment, and the Home Office would be aware that these are done usually annually and a year in arrears, so the one you mention would be the last one.
    Brilliant, thank you!

Do you happen to know what the "tax year account statement" is? I can provide the "corresponding HMRC tax return", but I can't understand what the other one is.

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied

10. Two referee declarations for Mr barlando.
    I have got them, one dated 18th April 2021, the other one will be dated 25th April 2021

11. Mr barlando's most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment
    I think this is asked because I selected both "An employee" and "Self-employed" when asked. My main source of income and main work is as an employee, but in September 2020 I have registered as self-employed to do some weekend extra consultancy work.
    I have provided details of my employer in the application online form and I will include details of my self-employment in my cover letter.
    The most recent self-assessment tax return I've submitted is the 2019-2020 one. I have not done the 2020-2021 one yet as I need some extra info I'll get in the next few months (and there's time until Jan 2022 to submit it).
    What is not clear to me is what the "tax year account statement" is. Any idea?
    You only need to submit the latest self-assessment, and the Home Office would be aware that these are done usually annualy and a year in arrears, so the one you mention would be the last one.

One final question: is there any chance that I'll be asked to send/provide my physical current Italian passport, so that I'm left without a passport while my application is considered? I will need it for all sorts of things and I'd rather keep it with me...
    No, all documents have to be uploaded in digital format, including the passport, which will also be checked at the biometrics appointment and returned to you there and then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X