Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AN application #yay #success

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Member comments welcome AN application #yay #success

    Good morning

    Just wanted to let you know that my AN application has been successful!
    Here is my timeline:

    Settled status - Sep 2019
    AN application - Dec 2020
    Biometrics - Jan 2021
    Application successful - Apr 2021

    I applied with settled status providing evidence that I had been lawfully resident as a student, worker and self-sufficient person before acquiring SS. I did have CSI from my home country (Italy).
    I was ‘worried’ that having mixed periods of activity might delay the decision on my application. This was completely unjustified as everything went smoothly.

    I am now going to patiently wait for my ceremony letter and will then apply for my first British passport.

    Thank you very much for all your help.
    A big donation is coming your way!

    mr.zed

  • #2
    Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
    Good morning

    Just wanted to let you know that my AN application has been successful!
    Here is my timeline:

    Settled status - Sep 2019
    AN application - Dec 2020
    Biometrics - Jan 2021
    Application successful - Apr 2021
    Afternoon,

    This is brilliant news, I'm very happy for you!




    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
      I applied with settled status providing evidence that I had been lawfully resident as a student, worker and self-sufficient person before acquiring SS. I did have CSI from my home country (Italy).
      I was ‘worried’ that having mixed periods of activity might delay the decision on my application. This was completely unjustified as everything went smoothly.

      I am now going to patiently wait for my ceremony letter and will then apply for my first British passport.
      Timings have always been rather random and, in nearly 5 years, I've not really identified a pattern.

      Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
      Thank you very much for all your help.
      A big donation is coming your way!

      mr.zed
      This is very much appreciated, means a lot to us!

      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
        Good morning

        Just wanted to let you know that my AN application has been successful!
        Here is my timeline:

        Settled status - Sep 2019
        AN application - Dec 2020
        Biometrics - Jan 2021
        Application successful - Apr 2021

        I applied with settled status providing evidence that I had been lawfully resident as a student, worker and self-sufficient person before acquiring SS. I did have CSI from my home country (Italy).
        I was ‘worried’ that having mixed periods of activity might delay the decision on my application. This was completely unjustified as everything went smoothly.

        I am now going to patiently wait for my ceremony letter and will then apply for my first British passport.

        Thank you very much for all your help.
        A big donation is coming your way!

        mr.zed
        Congratulations and thank you for your generous donation, it is hugely appreciated!

        I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just a little update:

          Ceremony invitation letter - start of May 2021
          Ceremony at Kent County Council (Maidstone) - start of July 2021

          No earlier ceremonies were available at this council and no guests or photos allowed.

          I applied for my first British passport the same day after the ceremony and received it only 15 days later!
          That was a very fast turnaround considering that I had read about 10-week waiting times in the news.

          One last question: I paid HM Passport Office an extra £5 to have my Italian passport and naturalisation certificate returned 'securely'.
          Does this mean they will be returned by private courier (TNT) or Royal Mail (special/recorded delivery) ?

          Thank you so much again for your support with my settled status, AN and passport applications.
          You are doing an amazing job for all of us foreigners in the UK.

          I will make another small donation. You truly deserve it!

          All the best,
          mr.zed

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
            Just a little update:

            Ceremony invitation letter - start of May 2021
            Ceremony at Kent County Council (Maidstone) - start of July 2021

            No earlier ceremonies were available at this council and no guests or photos allowed.
            Morning,

            I'm delighted to hear you're officially British now!

            Can't understand why they wouldn't allow photos, unless they took their own, which they wanted to sell...

            Originally posted by mr.zed View Post

            I applied for my first British passport the same day after the ceremony and received it only 15 days later!
            That was a very fast turnaround considering that I had read about 10-week waiting times in the news.
            The 10 weeks is ancient history, I think it dates back to over a year ago, when everything closed during lockdown 1.0, I don't think they have updated it since.

            Lovely to hear it was so quick!


            I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
              One last question: I paid HM Passport Office an extra £5 to have my Italian passport and naturalisation certificate returned 'securely'.
              Does this mean they will be returned by private courier (TNT) or Royal Mail (special/recorded delivery) ?
              Not sure what service they will be using, maybe other members will be able to share their experience. One thing I have seen mentioned elsewhere is that this payment is, apparently, only for the passport and some have received a less than perfect certificate, such as one that has been folded, etc. Let's hope this isn't the case here...

              Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
              Thank you so much again for your support with my settled status, AN and passport applications.
              You are doing an amazing job for all of us foreigners in the UK.

              I will make another small donation. You truly deserve it!
              Many thanks for your contribution and kind words, very much appreciated!

              I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mr.zed View Post
                Just a little update:
                One last question: I paid HM Passport Office an extra £5 to have my Italian passport and naturalisation certificate returned 'securely'.
                Does this mean they will be returned by private courier (TNT) or Royal Mail (special/recorded delivery) ?
                Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
                Not sure what service they will be using, maybe other members will be able to share their experience. One thing I have seen mentioned elsewhere is that this payment is, apparently, only for the passport and some have received a less than perfect certificate, such as one that has been folded, etc. Let's hope this isn't the case here...
                My supporting documents were delivered yesterday by private courier (TNT) and pushed through the letterbox. This is because I paid the extra £5 to have the documents returned 'securely' otherwise I think they would have been sent by Royal Mail 2nd class (which you can't track).

                They arrived just a couple of days after my British passport. An email from TNT informed me in the morning that they were out for delivery.

                Thankfully the certificate wasn't folded but only a bit creased.
                Glad I got both the certificate and my passport back without delays!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mr.zed View Post



                  My supporting documents were delivered yesterday by private courier (TNT) and pushed through the letterbox. This is because I paid the extra £5 to have the documents returned 'securely' otherwise I think they would have been sent by Royal Mail 2nd class (which you can't track).

                  They arrived just a couple of days after my British passport. An email from TNT informed me in the morning that they were out for delivery.

                  Thankfully the certificate wasn't folded but only a bit creased.
                  Glad I got both the certificate and my passport back without delays!
                  Afternoon,

                  Lovely to hear that, I've always wondered why they can't afford to use large, hard-backed stiff envelopes for the certificates, after all, you guys paid over £1,300 for them!

                  I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X