Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Mother, EU national with pre-settled status

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got a non-reply to my question via the form on their website

"Unfortunately, we are experiencing unprecedented call and email volumes at this time, be assured that we will respond to your email as soon as possible, in the meantime please do not send a follow up email.

If your enquiry is urgent we urge you to contact us by telephone rather than email, our lines are extremely busy but we will do our best to answer you as soon as an agent becomes available."

I suppose I will try them again over the phone, who knows, perhaps someone will have an update.

Thank you for all the support Site Admin. I might also have a question about the new Coronavirus guidance for my other brother which I have not mentioned yet (since until now I believed his absence of over 6 months but under 12 months due to coronacidus prevented him for ever reaching settled status, but that is a story for a different thread, since this is my mother's thread).

Comment

Originally posted by zlabb2004 View Post
      Well, I got a non-reply to my question via the form on their website

"Unfortunately, we are experiencing unprecedented call and email volumes at this time, be assured that we will respond to your email as soon as possible, in the meantime please do not send a follow up email.

If your enquiry is urgent we urge you to contact us by telephone rather than email, our lines are extremely busy but we will do our best to answer you as soon as an agent becomes available."

I suppose I will try them again over the phone, who knows, perhaps someone will have an update.

Thank you for all the support Site Admin. I might also have a question about the new Coronavirus guidance for my other brother which I have not mentioned yet (since until now I believed his absence of over 6 months but under 12 months due to coronacidus prevented him for ever reaching settled status, but that is a story for a different thread, since this is my mother's thread).
      If you want us to look at your brother's circumstances, please start a new post so that we can distinguish between cases without causing any confusion. Cheers.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Dear Site Admin,

Have you heard anything back from the Home Office by any chance? Sorry for the bother, I thought they might have come back from annual leave by now and maybe had a chance to get back to you...

Comment

Dear Site Admin,

Have you heard anything back from the Home Office by any chance? Sorry for the bother, I thought they might have come back from annual leave by now and maybe had a chance to get back to you...
          Site Admin

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post
            Afternoon,

I've just had a meeting with them, after having a bit of leave myself, and I've got another email address now I could send enquiries through, the previous one was a direct email address of someone in the EUSS team, this is a group mailbox.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Dear Site Admin,

I hope you had a nice leave, I can't imagine the amount of help you've had to provide in the last few months.

Thank you for letting me know, maybe the other email address could help since it's of the entire group. It should be such a simple question, but it feels like the Home Office has become impossible to reach due to their hue workload. Their phone number has become impossible to reach as well, so as I mentioned I am considering activating Plan B regarding the EU Settlement Scheme family permit just in fear of losing out on the chance to do so after 30 June 2021 (I assume this permit is the correct one to apply for since the EEA Family Permit are said to expire on 30 June 2021). I know it may cause issues with any other applications, but I'm running out of time otherwise..

I had one more question - this is in relation to my father but it revolves around my mother's existing pre settled status. Her current status (without renewal) will expire in 3.5 years. As mentioned, since I am currently not seeing any response from the Home Office (presumably, they are flooded with requests, but I just can't take that chance), try to apply for my father (and potentially my mother) under the EU Settlement Scheme family permit, but in case literally everything fails from each and every front - I know a spouse of an EU citizen with pre settled status can apply for pre settled status.

I planned for my mother to get a new pre settled status and for my father to apply as her spouse. If he applies under her current pre settled status, I assume he will receive the same 3.5 year period as she has left, not a brand new 5 year period, correct? Again, this is under a scenario where literally everything fails from every conceivable direction.

In any case, thank you once again for everything you're doing, even if the Home Office never ends up responding, just having someone that responds to me gives me a lot of comfort.

Comment

I recieved a reply to the online form inquiry I sent two weeks ago, it was not much help:

"

Dear "Name of Zlabb2004's Mother",

Thank you for contacting the EU Settlement Resolution Centre.

We have now noted your application with the information provided in your email.

Pre-settled status is granted to applicants that have been resident in the UK for less than five years.

During the application process, you may be required to provide proof of residence in the UK. You should only need to provide one document dated between 1st July 2020 and 31st December 2020 to be granted pre-settled status.

You must usually have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020.

For further information on what is acceptable evidence of residence, please visit: EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of UK residence - GOV.UK

Rest assured if we require any further information, we will contact you directly.

Please continue to check the Inbox, as well as the Junk and Spam folders of the relevant email account, regularly to ensure that no important correspondence is overlooked.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status) - GOV.UK or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form Cookies are required to use this service – GOV.UK

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so, we would be grateful if you could complete our customer survey Unsupported Browser

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

L.Canales
                Resolution Centre

UK Visas & Immigration"

So here is the problem : you cannot speak to the caseworkers via the phone, since it's only customer service on the hotline, and also they never never never pick up anymore.

You cannot use the online form to debate these issues since the reply I was sent (shown above) states that "we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.".

So there is literally no way to ever contact the relevant caseworker and explain my argument, or hear if they have any concerns.

I know they are sayign that the application was recieved etc, but what is taking so long? Also, please note that suddenly, she is saying "During the application process, you may be required to provide proof of residence in the UK. You should only need to provide one document dated between 1st July 2020 and 31st December 2020 to be granted pre-settled status."

Which I believe she has said because I mentioned I have proof from 2021? I'm not sure, but in any case, that's obviously not the "standard" policy these days, you need something from the last 6 months and from 2021.

In any case,

I am really trying everything I can with the HO, I know if I could just explain the evidence submitted and the guidnace to any actual human being that the application would be accepted, the Home Office themselves stated that it should be fine, this impending deadline is the only reason I am having anxiety over this, if we were in April 2021 right now, I would just let the Home Office reply to me in their own time.

Comment

I recieved a reply to the online form inquiry I sent two weeks ago, it was not much help:

"

Dear "Name of Zlabb2004's Mother",

Thank you for contacting the EU Settlement Resolution Centre.

We have now noted your application with the information provided in your email.

Pre-settled status is granted to applicants that have been resident in the UK for less than five years.

During the application process, you may be required to provide proof of residence in the UK. You should only need to provide one document dated between 1st July 2020 and 31st December 2020 to be granted pre-settled status.

You must usually have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020.

For further information on what is acceptable evidence of residence, please visit: EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of UK residence - GOV.UK

Rest assured if we require any further information, we will contact you directly.

Please continue to check the Inbox, as well as the Junk and Spam folders of the relevant email account, regularly to ensure that no important correspondence is overlooked.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status) - GOV.UK or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form Cookies are required to use this service – GOV.UK

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so, we would be grateful if you could complete our customer survey Unsupported Browser

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

L.Canales
                  Resolution Centre

UK Visas & Immigration"

So here is the problem : you cannot speak to the caseworkers via the phone, since it's only customer service on the hotline, and also they never never never pick up anymore.

You cannot use the online form to debate these issues since the reply I was sent (shown above) states that "we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.".

So there is literally no way to ever contact the relevant caseworker and explain my argument, or hear if they have any concerns.

I know they are sayign that the application was recieved etc, but what is taking so long? Also, please note that suddenly, she is saying "During the application process, you may be required to provide proof of residence in the UK. You should only need to provide one document dated between 1st July 2020 and 31st December 2020 to be granted pre-settled status."

Which I believe she has said because I mentioned I have proof from 2021? I'm not sure, but in any case, that's obviously not the "standard" policy these days, you need something from the last 6 months and from 2021.

In any case,

I am really trying everything I can with the HO, I know if I could just explain the evidence submitted and the guidnace to any actual human being that the application would be accepted, the Home Office themselves stated that it should be fine, this impending deadline is the only reason I am having anxiety over this, if we were in April 2021 right now, I would just let the Home Office reply to me in their own time.

For the dependency deadline, the relevant date is the date of submission of the application - not the date they process it or the result and you have applied within the deadline.

So you have applied within the deadline and met the requirements, you even got a response confirming they have noted your application - there is no better proof than that. They have reassured you that if they need further evidence they will contact you. I am afraid now it is only a matter of waiting for the result - this might take some time as they are very busy at the moment (due to the deadline of applying by 30th June 2021).

Comment

Dear Site Admin,

I hope you had a nice leave, I can't imagine the amount of help you've had to provide in the last few months.

Thank you for letting me know, maybe the other email address could help since it's of the entire group. It should be such a simple question, but it feels like the Home Office has become impossible to reach due to their hue workload. Their phone number has become impossible to reach as well, so as I mentioned I am considering activating Plan B regarding the EU Settlement Scheme family permit just in fear of losing out on the chance to do so after 30 June 2021 (I assume this permit is the correct one to apply for since the EEA Family Permit are said to expire on 30 June 2021). I know it may cause issues with any other applications, but I'm running out of time otherwise..

I had one more question - this is in relation to my father but it revolves around my mother's existing pre settled status. Her current status (without renewal) will expire in 3.5 years. As mentioned, since I am currently not seeing any response from the Home Office (presumably, they are flooded with requests, but I just can't take that chance), try to apply for my father (and potentially my mother) under the EU Settlement Scheme family permit, but in case literally everything fails from each and every front - I know a spouse of an EU citizen with pre settled status can apply for pre settled status.

I planned for my mother to get a new pre settled status and for my father to apply as her spouse. If he applies under her current pre settled status, I assume he will receive the same 3.5 year period as she has left, not a brand new 5 year period, correct? Again, this is under a scenario where literally everything fails from every conceivable direction.

In any case, thank you once again for everything you're doing, even if the Home Office never ends up responding, just having someone that responds to me gives me a lot of comfort.
                    Site Admin this question was also asked under this post Father, non EU national married to mother, EU national - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families FYI - you might have already answered. it.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

For the dependency deadline, the relevant date is the date of submission of the application - not the date they process it or the result and you have applied within the deadline.

So you have applied within the deadline and met the requirements, you even got a response confirming they have noted your application - there is no better proof than that. They have reassured you that if they need further evidence they will contact you. I am afraid now it is only a matter of waiting for the result - this might take some time as they are very busy at the moment (due to the deadline of applying by 30th June 2021).

Hi ClaudLatina, thank you very much for the reply.

I should note - I have a tendency to bring in several different "scenarios" simultaneously, and tend also to talk about other family members, which is my own fault.

Let me just clarify -

My mother's current request is for a pre settled status in her own right, based on her own residency in the UK as an EU Citizen.

The Home Office has made request for further evidence at the time, since they did not seem to apply their own updated guidance that said evidence from Late 2020 could be used along with evidence from 2021, and that the evidence did not only have to be from the last 6 months (so you could have evidence from October 2020, January 2021, and May 2021).

The issue came from that the home office caseworker tried to apply the standard "last 6 months" requirement even though since 26 April 2021 it has been updated to allow for the submission of evidence from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020 + 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021.

Now, I was mentioning dependency because there is another option (but only if she applies until 30 June 2021, which I am going to do in the next 2-3 days).

My mother could apply as my dependent parent, under the EU Family Settlement Scheme, and her residency will not be an issue via that route.

What will happen when 2 concurrent applications are in the system? From the guidance, they will probably make me cancel one, but I am fine with that, if they are taking this long with the pre-settled application via the standard route, I am not going to lose the other best chance I have via the Family Scheme route.

In regards to your replies - I truly appreciate your words of encouragement, but I have been waiting for any actual sign of life, this online form reply just seems like a random person that is saying that the application is being looked at.

As an attorney (which I have not mentioned previously, since I am clueless in relation to immigration law) I can tell you that having your application noted is fairly meaningless. A judge can "note" an objection for the record, only to overrule it immediately. And it is common sense that they will contact me directly if they require further information, who else will they be contacting? I don't mean to be negative, but it's been nearly 2 months and it really should not be as complicated as they are making it out to be. It's not an application for Settled Status, the point is providing evidence for literally 1 day of residence in Late 2020 and one day of residence in 2021, so I am just anxious about the whole process, because if they reject the application for whatever reason, after this month, I will have lost the ability to have my mother come as my parent with dependency assumed. I can't take that chance, so I will have both request concurrently and hope for the best.

Comment

Dear Site Admin,

Hello again,

Well, I have received a response regarding residence continuity, but this isn't really anything new. See below:

Originally posted by EEA Applications said
                        Our Policy colleagues have informed that under both EU free movement and the EU Settlement Scheme, any EEA citizen will be allowed a single period of absence of up to 12 months in any five year continuous qualifying period where that absence is for an important reason. Usually, those important reasons include overseas study, childbirth and things of that nature, but it can also include serious illness.

In regards to those EEA citizens who have been outside of the UK because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government’s current position is that if an EEA citizen, or a person with whom they are living, is suffering from the disease and they are either too ill to travel or forcibly in quarantine for public health reasons, we will consider an absence in excess of six months (but less than 12 months) to be for an important reason, thus the EEA citizen would be able to maintain their residence in the UK.

The latest guidance in relation to COVID based absences from the UK is contained within the link below, this reflects our latest policy position adopted to account for the limited time that is now left before the end of the grace period on the 30 June 2021.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): EU Settlement Scheme - guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (Welcome to GOV.UK)

In terms of extended or prolonged absences from the UK I would proceed to direct you to the definitions section of Appendix EU duly paying particular attention to the information pertaining to the continuous qualifying period which I have copied below for your assistance:
                        Continuous qualifying period a period of residence in the UK and Islands (save in condition 3 in the table in paragraph EU12 of this Appendix; in condition 2 in the table in paragraph EU14 of this Appendix; in sub-paragraph (a)(ii) or (d)(iii)(aa) of the entry for ‘family member who has retained the right of residence’ in this table; in sub-paragraph (c) of the entry for ‘person who has ceased activity’ in this table; and in the entry for ‘person with a derivative right to reside’ and for ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ in this table, where (in each case) the period of residence must be in the UK and the reference in sub-paragraphs (b)(i) and (ii) below to the UK and Islands is to be read as a reference to the UK):
                        (a) which began before the specified date; and
                        (b) during which none of the following occurred:
                        (i) absence(s) from the UK and Islands which exceeded a total of six months in any 12-month period, except for:
                        (aa) a single period of absence which did not exceed 12 months and was for an important reason (such as pregnancy, childbirth, serious illness, study, vocational training or an overseas posting); or
                        (bb) any period of absence on compulsory military service; or
                        (cc) any period of absence on a posting on Crown service or (as a spouse, civil partner, durable partner or child) any period of absence accompanying a person on a posting on Crown service; or
                        (dd) any period spent working in the UK marine area (as defined in section 42 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009); or
                        (ii) the person served or is serving a sentence of imprisonment of any length in the UK and Islands; or
                        (iii) any of the following, unless it has been set aside or no longer has effect in respect of the person:
                        (aa) any decision or order to exclude or remove under regulation 23 or 32 of the EEA Regulations (or under the equivalent provisions of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations of the Isle of Man); or
                        (bb) a decision to which regulation 15(4) of the EEA Regulations otherwise refers, unless that decision arose from a previous decision under regulation 24(1) of the EEA Regulations (or the equivalent decision, subject to the equivalent qualification, under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations of the Isle of Man); or
                        (cc) an exclusion decision; or
                        (dd) a deportation order, other than by virtue of the EEA Regulations; or
                        (ee) an Islands deportation order; or
                        (ff) an Islands exclusion decision; and
                        (c) (where – save for the purposes of the reference to continuous qualifying period in condition 6 in the table in paragraph EU11 of this Appendix and in sub-paragraph (d)(iii)(aa) of the entry for ‘family member who has retained the right of residence’ in this table (as that reference applies to, as the case may be, the relevant EEA citizen or the qualifying British citizen) – the period is less than five years and the person has not acquired the right of permanent residence in the UK under regulation 15 of the EEA Regulations, or the right of permanent residence in the Islands through the application there of section 7(1) of the Immigration Act 1988 or under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations of the Isle of Man) which continues at the date of application
                        I would further point out that any person can reapply for pre-settled status provided that they had a continuous qualifying period of residence which began before 31 December 2020, and which continues on the date of application (i.e. they had resumed residence here by then and didn’t since break their continuous qualifying period again). If a pre-settled status holder breaks their continuous qualifying period during the course of the validity of their pre-settled status, and did not resume residence in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will not be able to reapply for pre-settled status and would need to apply under whatever immigration route is open to them on expiry of their leave - unless that is they qualify as a joining family member upon expiry of their leave.

To this end under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement, any EU citizen resident in the UK by the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020, and granted status under the EU Settlement Scheme, can be joined in the UK at any point in the future by their existing close family members (a spouse, civil partner, durable partner, child or dependent parent) who live overseas at the end of the transition period, where the relationship existed then and continues to exist when the family member seeks to come to the UK.

That family member will be able to apply for status under the scheme to remain here with the EU citizen. They will need to provide proof as entitlement to apply as a family member of relevant EU citizen. They do not need to have entered the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme.”

Provisions for joining family members have been incorporated into Appendix EU, specifically through the new rule EU11A.

The relevant changes to the Immigration Rules (HC 813) were laid in Parliament on 22 October, the Statement of Changes and Explanatory Memorandum can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-changes-to-the-immigration-rules-hc-813-22-october-2020 and the associated Written Ministerial Statement at https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-statements/detail/2020-10-22/hcws533.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Dear Site Admin,

Thank you for your reply, then realisticly my father is, in a strange way, fine no matter what since I could apply for him as my mother's spouse.

Regarding my mother, with the new corinavieus absence regulations I could make a good case for her breaking her initial residency I suppose, but I would rather not have to resort to that.

I suppose the question would be - what would be better. If I apply for my father under my mother's existing pre settled status, then I can't very well apply for her under an EU settlement Scheem Permit, since that would "remove" the previous status. Which means I should either apply for both under the EU Family Srttlement Scheen as my depednent parents (my current thinking), or bet on my mother's pre settled renewal working out (my dad would be fine as her spouse).

I am leaning towards EU Settlement Scheme Family Pernit. Hopefully, by the time they even look at their application, my mom will get a response on her pre settled status application and I will just withdraw those other requests for my parents as my dependent parents.

Yeah, I think that would be the safest route... I had hoped to get a response by now, but no matter, onwards and upwards etc

Comment

Alright, well, I suppose we can keep this thread as evidence of my pessimism, but I just got a letter from the EU Settlement Scheme for my mother with that lovely PDF saying her pre-settled status application was ACCEPTED.

My only real dilemma now is whether to have my father apply now for pre settled status on his own merit (since he has the same residence evidence) as an EU spouse until 30 June 2021, or apply later as an EU Spouse since there's no deadline. Is there a difference, actually? In both cases he'll be applying as an EU spouse, so I doubt there'd be much difference.

Now for my Oscar acceptance speech, as it were.

I would like to thank both of you, Site Admin and Claudlatina. You both told me to stay strong and be patient, which is frankly the only reason I kept waiting until the last minute to apply for that EEA Family Permit route (which would have just been way more complicated, realistically, and would have required even more waiting).

You both have truly made a measurable difference in my life, my family's life, I have no idea whether what finally caused them to make a decision, whether it was your emails to their inboxes or that online form saying my application was noted with the new information (which apparently my previous phone calls to their team did not have any measurable effect?)

In any case, feel free to bring this over to your success stories if you'd like, and right after finishing this post I will be donating £50 to your organisation, I just cannot thank you guys enough.

Now the only thing that remains is my other brother with the the new covid absence regulations, but that's just going to be a more general question on the proposed procedure, there's not much else to do right now I believe.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Alright, well, I suppose we can keep this thread as evidence of my pessimism, but I just got a letter from the EU Settlement Scheme for my mother with that lovely PDF saying her pre-settled status application was ACCEPTED.
                              Morning,

This is such good news! I'm very happy for you!

Comment

Now for my Oscar acceptance speech, as it were.

I would like to thank both of you, Site Admin and Claudlatina. You both told me to stay strong and be patient, which is frankly the only reason I kept waiting until the last minute to apply for that EEA Family Permit route (which would have just been way more complicated, realistically, and would have required even more waiting).

You both have truly made a measurable difference in my life, my family's life, I have no idea whether what finally caused them to make a decision, whether it was your emails to their inboxes or that online form saying my application was noted with the new information (which apparently my previous phone calls to their team did not have any measurable effect?)
                                Lovely to have been of help!

ClaudLatina FYI

In any case, feel free to bring this over to your success stories if you'd like, and right after finishing this post I will be donating £50 to your organisation, I just cannot thank you guys enough.
                                This means a lot to us!

Comment

Working...
                                X