X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Citizenship ceremony Abroad

Well I was successful in my application for citizenship! Received the letter end of January, having applied at the end of August.
    My situation is somewhat different, as I have dual French and Canadian nationality, am married to a British citizen, and moved to Germany after applying for citizenship. I had settled status, but applied as a spouse of a British citizen. During the application process I did say I would like the ceremony in Munich, my closest possibility for the ceremony.
    I have changed my address with UKVI, but have not received an invitation to the ceremony yet.
    Does anyone know if a) citizenship ceremonies are taking place, b) what has been the time frame for someone in my situation and c) is it possible to contact anyone regarding this (without paying the outrageous telephone/email fees!)
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Originally posted by Mazda View Post
    Well I was successful in my application for citizenship! Received the letter end of January, having applied at the end of August.
    Morning,

I'm very happy to hear this!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

My situation is somewhat different, as I have dual French and Canadian nationality, am married to a British citizen, and moved to Germany after applying for citizenship. I had settled status, but applied as a spouse of a British citizen. During the application process I did say I would like the ceremony in Munich, my closest possibility for the ceremony.
      I have changed my address with UKVI, but have not received an invitation to the ceremony yet.
      Does anyone know if a) citizenship ceremonies are taking place, b) what has been the time frame for someone in my situation and c) is it possible to contact anyone regarding this (without paying the outrageous telephone/email fees!)
      I have copied this post to our ceremonies waiting lounge, where a number of members are, or have been, in a similar situation: Ceremony abroad - married to British citizen - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Brilliant news, congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
          X