Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Successful citizenship and passport application

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Successful citizenship and passport application

Hi,
    I wrote the success story before but I wanted to write one more post about my successful citizenship application, passport application and received all documents back from passport office. Done and dusted.
    We had a long journey as European couple. We applied for B1 English test in April 2020 but booked on June 2020 due to pandemic. Passed Life in UK test in September and applied for Citizenship in October. We had our biometric appointment in November (we chose the free slot as we never had rush). We made online application. Answered all questions at best of our knowledge. I made a few mistakes on application form like entered my marriage date wrong well my wife was really moaning about it. Absence from UK dates were only the ones we found from our email boxes. I am sure we missed a few of them them but they accepted. We are living in UK almost 14 years and we never been out more then 2 months in a year. We worked nonstop. I had 1 parking ticket that I didn’t mention about it on application. No criminal record or breaking immigration rules never. We added last 5 p60 forms and other documents though we waited 5 months till March 2021 for our Approval of naturalisation application successful e-mail! We thought we have very straightforward application but we waited 5 months. Ceremony letters came in April 2021. We booked virtual ceramony in May 2021 (2 weeks after ceramony letter). It took 10 minutes and the lady who was doing ceremony was fantastic. She always smiled and leaded everything perfectly. Our citizenship certificates arrived by post next day! Then we applied for passport online. From application to receive passport took 12 days only, thanks to Bootle passport office. And yesterday and last Friday we received our documents (they didn’t send them together somehow).
    So all done and dusted. Suggestion? Patient and make sure everything you done right specially supporting documents. Keep it simple. They don’t ask you millions documents. Our application has gone with 5 council tax bill, 5 p60 forms, passport and refree letters much as I remember uploaded at biometric cente. We had EUsettled status in 2019 we didn’t even had any documents for it other then ref. numbers.
    We are proud and feeling relief. Relief because we were in little bit of panic after Brexit. We didn’t want to be strangers where we worked, live and raised our child last 14 years.
    Thank you again admins and lawyers here who answered our questions. We followed this forum since beginning of our decision applying citizenship.
    Good luck all.

Originally posted by Erun View Post
    Hi,
    I wrote the success story before but I wanted to write one more post about my successful citizenship application, passport application and received all documents back from passport office. Done and dusted.
    We had a long journey as European couple. We applied for B1 English test in April 2020 but booked on June 2020 due to pandemic. Passed Life in UK test in September and applied for Citizenship in October. We had our biometric appointment in November (we chose the free slot as we never had rush). We made online application. Answered all questions at best of our knowledge. I made a few mistakes on application form like entered my marriage date wrong well my wife was really moaning about it. Absence from UK dates were only the ones we found from our email boxes. I am sure we missed a few of them them but they accepted. We are living in UK almost 14 years and we never been out more then 2 months in a year. We worked nonstop. I had 1 parking ticket that I didn’t mention about it on application. No criminal record or breaking immigration rules never. We added last 5 p60 forms and other documents though we waited 5 months till March 2021 for our Approval of naturalisation application successful e-mail! We thought we have very straightforward application but we waited 5 months. Ceremony letters came in April 2021. We booked virtual ceramony in May 2021 (2 weeks after ceramony letter). It took 10 minutes and the lady who was doing ceremony was fantastic. She always smiled and leaded everything perfectly. Our citizenship certificates arrived by post next day!
    Afternoon,

Many thanks for sharing your experience, most useful!

Then we applied for passport online. From application to receive passport took 12 days only, thanks to Bootle passport office. And yesterday and last Friday we received our documents (they didn’t send them together somehow).
    Passports and supporting documents are never sent together, because the passports are dispatched from wherever they print them. Lovely to see it took under two weeks!

So all done and dusted. Suggestion? Patient and make sure everything you done right specially supporting documents. Keep it simple. They don’t ask you millions documents. Our application has gone with 5 council tax bill, 5 p60 forms, passport and refree letters much as I remember uploaded at biometric cente. We had EUsettled status in 2019 we didn’t even had any documents for it other then ref. numbers.
    That's right, you don't get documents for settled status, although we do recommend sending the PDF of the decision letter or a screenshot of the EUSS profile page.

Well done!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Hi,
      We had a long journey as European couple. We applied for B1 English test in April 2020 but booked on June 2020 due to pandemic. Passed Life in UK test in September and applied for Citizenship in October. We had our biometric appointment in November (we chose the free slot as we never had rush). We made online application. Answered all questions at best of our knowledge. I made a few mistakes on application form like entered my marriage date wrong well my wife was really moaning about it. Absence from UK dates were only the ones we found from our email boxes. I am sure we missed a few of them them but they accepted. We are living in UK almost 14 years and we never been out more then 2 months in a year. We worked nonstop. I had 1 parking ticket that I didn’t mention about it on application. No criminal record or breaking immigration rules never. We added last 5 p60 forms and other documents though we waited 5 months till March 2021 for our Approval of naturalisation application successful e-mail! We thought we have very straightforward application but we waited 5 months. Ceremony letters came in April 2021. We booked virtual ceramony in May 2021 (2 weeks after ceramony letter). It took 10 minutes and the lady who was doing ceremony was fantastic. She always smiled and leaded everything perfectly. Our citizenship certificates arrived by post next day! Then we applied for passport online. From application to receive passport took 12 days only, thanks to Bootle passport office. And yesterday and last Friday we received our documents (they didn’t send them together somehow).
      We are proud and feeling relief. Relief because we were in little bit of panic after Brexit. We didn’t want to be strangers where we worked, live and raised our child last 14 years.
      Thank you again admins and lawyers here who answered our questions. We followed this forum since beginning of our decision applying citizenship.
      Good luck all.
      Brilliant news, congratulations, and good tips for those who will read this post!

Very happy for you and your family!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
      X