X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomUser123
    started a topic Success Citizenship Success!

Citizenship Success!

Hi all!

Many thanks for creating this forum and filling it up with loads of useful advice!

I've just had my citizenship ceremony and have naturalised as a British citizen, and I could not have done it without your help!

I thought I'd give a timeline on how long everything took, in case that helps anyone:

- Late November 2020: Application Submitted
    - Late December 2020: UKVI Appointment (paid extra to have it close by and faster)
    - Middle April 2021: Application approved
    - Middle June 2021: In-person citizenship ceremony (socially distant and with all COVID-19 precautions!)

I applied using Settled Status in the EU settlement scheme. Additionally, since I was a student for a period, I also needed CSI, but luckily you guys told me that an EHIC was an appropriate CSI!
    I proactively got a letter from my EHIC-issuer that confirmed the "valid from" date (since my EHIC did not have that information), and then get a professional translation into English.

Thanks as well for informing me about the rules in regards with German nationality and dual citizenship -> I've just emailed the embassy stating I'm a British citizen, so hopefully it means I can keep both German/British citizenships.

Now I've just got to wait 10 weeks for my British passport to come in .

I've just donated a small amount to you guys to keep up the great work (should be 25% larger with Gift Aid as well)!

• ClaudLatina
    replied
    Originally posted by RandomUser123 View Post
    Hi all!

Many thanks for creating this forum and filling it up with loads of useful advice!

I've just had my citizenship ceremony and have naturalised as a British citizen, and I could not have done it without your help!

I thought I'd give a timeline on how long everything took, in case that helps anyone:

- Late December 2020: UKVI Appointment (paid extra to have it close by and faster)
    - Middle June 2021: In-person citizenship ceremony (socially distant and with all COVID-19 precautions!)

I applied using Settled Status in the EU settlement scheme. Additionally, since I was a student for a period, I also needed CSI, but luckily you guys told me that an EHIC was an appropriate CSI!
    I proactively got a letter from my EHIC-issuer that confirmed the "valid from" date (since my EHIC did not have that information), and then get a professional translation into English.

Thanks as well for informing me about the rules in regards with German nationality and dual citizenship -> I've just emailed the embassy stating I'm a British citizen, so hopefully it means I can keep both German/British citizenships.

I've just donated a small amount to you guys to keep up the great work (should be 25% larger with Gift Aid as well)!
    Fantastic news! Congratulation and many thanks for your donation, hugely appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Site Admin
    replied
    Hi all!

Afternoon,

I'm very happy to hear your application was successful and that our resources were of help!

This means a lot to us, much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X