Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Question reg. my name on passport

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Question reg. my name on passport

Dear community,

First of all, thank you SO much for your support on this platform. Beginning of this month, I have received a letter from the HO approving my successful application to become a British citizen! I am buzzing!!!

I have a few questions regarding my surname - I got married last December but haven't changed my surname on my German documents yet. It is a quite long process, especially now during Covid times. I will have to book my citizenship ceremony in the next few weeks and I am aware that I have to bring my German passport.

As I am planning to change my surname in the next few months, it would be a bit annoying to apply with my current name that is still on my German documents. I am aware that there is probably no other possibility to avoid this issue. I have my marriage certificate that I could bring with me. Is there any chance they could just use my new name immediately?

Probably a very stupid question but I wanted to just see if someone knows more than I do.

Many thanks for your help and time.

All the best,

Originally posted by phinka5 View Post
    Dear community,

First of all, thank you SO much for your support on this platform. Beginning of this month, I have received a letter from the HO approving my successful application to become a British citizen! I am buzzing!!!
    Morning,

This is very good news, I'm very happy for you!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I have a few questions regarding my surname - I got married last December but haven't changed my surname on my German documents yet. It is a quite long process, especially now during Covid times. I will have to book my citizenship ceremony in the next few weeks and I am aware that I have to bring my German passport.

As I am planning to change my surname in the next few months, it would be a bit annoying to apply with my current name that is still on my German documents. I am aware that there is probably no other possibility to avoid this issue. I have my marriage certificate that I could bring with me. Is there any chance they could just use my new name immediately?
      You have already made the application in your maiden name, so your certificate will be issued under that name and, from what you are saying, your German passport is also in your maiden name, so I'm afraid you won't be able to get your certificate changed to your married name. Your certificate will be presented to you at the ceremony, you can't get it changed at this point.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

If we have been of help with your application, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Dear community,

Brilliant news, congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
          X