Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for Citizenship in May now the Waiting Game...

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Applied for Citizenship in May now the Waiting Game...

Hi,

I have applied for citizenship on 09/05/2021, and had my biometrics and docs sent off on 04/06/2021.

Thought i would share these details because after i applied i wanted to know myself what the average waiting period is for simple applications and thats how i found this forum and registered and found some interesting info from successful applicants.

After my citizenship is confirmed or declined i will post the date i received an answer so that people in the future can have a reference themselves.

Originally posted by msalwin View Post
    Hi,

I have applied for citizenship on 09/05/2021, and had my biometrics and docs sent off on 04/06/2021.

Thought i would share these details because after i applied i wanted to know myself what the average waiting period is for simple applications and thats how i found this forum and registered and found some interesting info from successful applicants.

After my citizenship is confirmed or declined i will post the date i received an answer so that people in the future can have a reference themselves.

Afternoon,

Thanks for the update, I've moved your post to our waiting lounge.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Got an email today that my application will not be sorted within standard 6month period due to Covid.

it’s been 5months since applying and 4months since the biometric details got sent off…

Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long after new year…

Comment

Got an email today that my application will not be sorted within standard 6month period due to Covid.

it’s been 5months since applying and 4months since the biometric details got sent off…

Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long after new year…
        Afternoon,

That's a very generic email and Covid is just the best excuse they can think of, since it didn't even affect timings last year, as caseworkers continued to make decisions while working remotely. But they have been sending out those emails to a number of our members, likely to avoid receiving enquiries when the 6 months are up.

Best of luck and hope it doesn't take long now!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Got my invitation to book a ceremony today.

around 3 weeks before 6month deadline.

Just got a query whether anyone would be able to help with.

what is the home office reference number? Is the the reference number I got when I applied for citizenship?

also the home office invitation letter letter is it this letter from the council that I got asking what sort of ceremony I want or will the council send me an invitation letter after I send them these documents stating that I want either a virtual ceremony or a face to face group ceremony.

thanks

Comment

got my home office invitation letter today, a day after the letter from the council... which is quite interesting.

it is dated 13/10/2021 - so in total my application process was 5 months and 3 days. but if we take into consideration until i got this letter than 5 months and 15days?

so quite happy will be booking my citizenship ceremony asap.

Comment

got my home office invitation letter today, a day after the letter from the council... which is quite interesting.

it is dated 13/10/2021 - so in total my application process was 5 months and 3 days. but if we take into consideration until i got this letter than 5 months and 15days?

so quite happy will be booking my citizenship ceremony asap.
              Morning,

I'm very happy to hear it's all been sorted. In principle, the Home Office should have sent the letter at the same time as they sent the certificate to the council, but they often work in mysterious ways.

Have a lovely ceremony.

Comment

Post moved to our successes area.

I can't see this having been recorded before.

Comment

If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Working...
                  X