Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Travel back to UK with CoA+ expired EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Hello
    Thank you for you efforts in this Forum, it has been very helpful to get sound information.
    I am a non EEA national, I applied to the EU Settlement Scheme to join my daughter before the deadline of June 2021, after arriving to the UK using my EU Settlement Scheme family permit. For now, I only have a Certificate of application.
    My question is the following: I had to go to France for family affairs, will I be allowed to go back to the UK now with only my expired family permit + Certificate of application? Do I need to ask for more official documents ? if yes from where?
    Quoting what is written in the Certificate of application, “Subject to usual immigration, your certificate of application allows you to travel in and out of the country,… in addition…you may be asked to provide the following additional evidence…: an EUSS family permit… This document can be valid or expired
    Thanks again

Originally posted by maryAnne View Post
    Hello
    Thank you for you efforts in this Forum, it has been very helpful to get sound information.
    I am a non EEA national, I applied to the EU Settlement Scheme to join my daughter before the deadline of June 2021, after arriving to the UK using my EU Settlement Scheme family permit. For now, I only have a Certificate of application.
    My question is the following: I had to go to France for family affairs, will I be allowed to go back to the UK now with only my expired family permit + Certificate of application? Do I need to ask for more official documents ? if yes from where?
    Quoting what is written in the Certificate of application, “Subject to usual immigration, your certificate of application allows you to travel in and out of the country,… in addition…you may be asked to provide the following additional evidence…: an EUSS family permit… This document can be valid or expired
    Thanks again
    Morning,

Unfortunately the wording on the CoA is misleading. We have another member who went through hell after reading that wording, in their case, they didn't have an expired family permit, they had an expired BRC which had been used to apply for EUSS status, and they had even been granted status linked to that BRC, so it was the wording on their decision letter who said something similar. But as the BRC had just expired, they were denied boarding, more than once, and ended up having to take a shortcut via Dublin, etc. after wa$ting over £2,000!

This is the thread, read it and decide for yourself whether you can trust the wording above: Advice needed: block on travel to the UK for non-EEA nationals with pre-settled or settled status without BRC - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, indeed it seemed like a hell of situation, I am happy she sorted it out.
      I will let you know if any development happens regarding my case, maybe it will help people in the same situation.

Comment

Hello
        Just a quick update regarding my situation, I got the pre-settled status and received my BRC promptly after, so I will never know the answer for my previous request, but thanks anyway for taking the time to answer me.

I have a question though, my BRC card is valid only for 3 years(instead of 5 years for pre-settled status as I thought I will get ), does this mean that I can apply to settled status in 3 years? or do i need to renew the BRC card for 2 more years with pre settled status and then switch to settled?

Comment

Hello
          Just a quick update regarding my situation, I got the pre-settled status and received my BRC promptly after, so I will never know the answer for my previous request, but thanks anyway for taking the time to answer me.
          Morning,

I'm delighted to hear this!

I have a question though, my BRC card is valid only for 3 years(instead of 5 years for pre-settled status as I thought I will get ), does this mean that I can apply to settled status in 3 years? or do i need to renew the BRC card for 2 more years with pre settled status and then switch to settled?
          Your pre-settled status is valid for 5 years, although you can switch earlier to settled status if you meet the criteria at any point during the 5 years. However, the expiry date of your BRC doesn't indicate you can apply earlier, it is my understanding all BRCs and BRPs issued in the last year or two have been issued with an expiry date of end of December 2024, this is because the Home Office plan to implement a new system from 2025, and has no impact on the status itself.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thread moved to our successes area.

If we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so can continue to help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Working...
            X