Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Citizenship routes

Hi there,
    I currently hold Spanish and Mexican nationalities. I know it would be easier to get UK citizenship using my PR card obtain a couple of years ago although I've been in the uk since 2006. but I fear losing my Spanish citizenship if I take the British one because is Spain does not allows two nationalities as far as I know (ok when it comes to latin-american countries) . Is it possible to apply for the UK citizenship using my mexican passport instead of the spanish one despite not having "residency" in the UK as mexican? Thanks.

Originally posted by Monarca20 View Post
    Hi there,
    I currently hold Spanish and Mexican nationalities. I know it would be easier to get UK citizenship using my PR card obtain a couple of years ago although I've been in the UK since 2006. but I fear losing my Spanish citizenship if I take the British one because is Spain does not allows two nationalities as far as I know (ok when it comes to Latin-American countries).
    I would contact the Spanish embassy to ask for further clarification about this. This is one of the links shared on our FB forum which you might find useful.
    ConservaciĆ³n de la nacionalidad espaƱola

Originally posted by Monarca20 View Post
    Is it possible to apply for UK citizenship using my Mexican passport instead of the Spanish one despite not having "residency" in the UK as Mexican? Thanks.
    Unfortunately, this forum only deals with UK citizenship application for EU/EEA nationals and we are unable to help citizens with non-EU/EEA nationalities. In any case please read the link I sent you above.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
      X