Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official transcript instead of the university degree?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official transcript instead of the university degree?

Hi. I planned to use my University diploma as a proof of my English language in my citizenship application. I realised that instead of actual degree certificate I only have an official university transcript and a letter from the university (it's impossible to obtain a diploma now due to the lockdown restrictions). I have read that you can use it if the diploma is lost or unavailable but I was wondering if that can cause any problems after submitting the application? Meaning, would the Home Office official try to get in touch requesting the actual diploma and would it slow does the application process? Have anyone here had experience applying with the official transcript instead of the diploma? Many thanks.

Originally posted by gatimo View Post
    Hi. I planned to use my University diploma as a proof of my English language in my citizenship application. I realised that instead of actual degree certificate I only have an official university transcript and a letter from the university (it's impossible to obtain a diploma now due to the lockdown restrictions). I have read that you can use it if the diploma is lost or unavailable but I was wondering if that can cause any problems after submitting the application? Meaning, would the Home Office official try to get in touch requesting the actual diploma and would it slow does the application process? Have anyone here had experience applying with the official transcript instead of the diploma? Many thanks.
    Hello,

We have covered that here: Lost or missing degree certificates and diplomas.

...where we have:
    If you have misplaced your degree certificate, you can prove you have a degree with the following documents:
    • an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award; or
    • an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued.
    The letter must include:
    • your name
    • your degree
    • the date the degree was or will be awarded.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Please note that, if applying with settled status, it may also be necessary to show you were exercising treaty rights for the previous 3 or 5 years, as noted here:
      Employment, financial requirements and treaty rights for citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Also note you can now only apply with a PR card if you haven't got settled status, otherwise you must use settled status to apply. See: PR, ILR or settled status requirement

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Hi,

I plan to submit my citizenship application at end of February this year, but before I do, I would like seek your advice regarding the CSI question for the time period I was a full time student. I have been in a full time employment since October 2014 (until now). Before that, I was a MA student at the UK university between September 2013-September 2014. During that period I did not have a British CSI but I was covered by Polish national insurance (ZUS) as a family member, which is an equivalent to the UK's NHS.

I have obtained a confirmation from the ZUS that I was fully registered and insured until I turned 26 in November 2014. However, there was no EHIC card issued for that period and the confirmation letter only states that I was insured but it fails to mention that the insurance was covering me in all the UE countries, including the UK.

Would that be a sufficient evidence in case the issue arises after submitting my application?

Comment

Hi,

I plan to submit my citizenship application at end of February this year, but before I do, I would like seek your advice regarding the CSI question for the time period I was a full time student. I have been in a full time employment since October 2014 (until now). Before that, I was a MA student at the UK university between September 2013-September 2014. During that period I did not have a British CSI but I was covered by Polish national insurance (ZUS) as a family member, which is an equivalent to the UK's NHS.

I have obtained a confirmation from the ZUS that I was fully registered and insured until I turned 26 in November 2014. However, there was no EHIC card issued for that period and the confirmation letter only states that I was insured but it fails to mention that the insurance was covering me in all the UE countries, including the UK.

Would that be a sufficient evidence in case the issue arises after submitting my application?
          Morning,

I've moved your post to your existing thread to keep it all together.

The form only asks for evidence of lawful residence during the last 5 years, so that's all you need to submit and, if you were working, then CSI doesn't come into it. I have yet to see anyone being asked for anything going further than that.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your help.

I have one more question before officially submitting my application.

In the section Immigration details the form asks "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" I said Yes as I apply with my EU Settled status. However, I am not sure which date shall I give in "Date of application, if known". The date the online application was send to Home office or the date when I received my confirmation letter that the EU Settled status was granted.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your help.

I have one more question before officially submitting my application.

In the section Immigration details the form asks "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" I said Yes as I apply with my EU Settled status. However, I am not sure which date shall I give in "Date of application, if known". The date the online application was send to Home office or the date when I received my confirmation letter that the EU Settled status was granted.
              Date of application would be when you submitted it online.

Comment

Thank you for your very quick reply. It thought that too but then I found the similar question on this forum and said I could use either so I went with the date that I received my settlement status. I hope it won't be a problem.

Could I double check something with you regarding the referee declaration forms?
                I submitted my application yesterday but I managed to get my UKVCAS appointment only for the 11th of March. My referee declaration forms were singed on the 24th of January and 4th of February and my photo was taken on the 19th of Jan. If I upload the forms onto the UKVCAS website now, would the date of document submission count over the date of the actual appointment? I don't want the forms and the photo to be older than a month.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Thank you for your very quick reply. It thought that too but then I found the similar question on this forum and said I could use either so I went with the date that I received my settlement status. I hope it won't be a problem.
                  Morning,

If you look at the form, it says "date when the application was made, if known".

They will be able to check their own records, the dates are just to make it easier for them to know what records to check, for example, if I want to search this forum, I can choose to search just for posts made in, say, the last 3 months, as opposed to since the time the forum was set up, it restricts the search range making it easier and quicker to search.

Could I double check something with you regarding the referee declaration forms?
                  I submitted my application yesterday but I managed to get my UKVCAS appointment only for the 11th of March. My referee declaration forms were singed on the 24th of January and 4th of February and my photo was taken on the 19th of Jan. If I upload the forms onto the UKVCAS website now, would the date of document submission count over the date of the actual appointment? I don't want the forms and the photo to be older than a month.

Thank you in advance!
                  The relevant date for all intents and purposes is the application submission date as opposed to the appointment date. Also note that we have removed the bit about photos no older than a month from our resources, as this was a little outdated. There is nothing in the citizenship guidance itself that says that, it was taken from the passport applications guidance where photos provided should be no older than a month, and when people were doing PR applications, they often objected to people using photos that they could see were old, for example, if they were the same as on their passport or another application they'd previously made. So there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for all your amazing helps so far. I'm almost at the finish line as I have my UKVCAS appointment on Thursday. I have now uploaded most of my documents on the UKVCAS website but I would like to double check with you about their Submit service. There is an option "We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment." I want to ask, is there any advantage/benefits in doing that? I booked a free appointment so no checking or scanning services are included. Many thanks!

Comment

Hi. Thank you for all your amazing helps so far. I'm almost at the finish line as I have my UKVCAS appointment on Thursday. I have now uploaded most of my documents on the UKVCAS website but I would like to double check with you about their Submit service. There is an option "We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment." I want to ask, is there any advantage/benefits in doing that? I booked a free appointment so no checking or scanning services are included. Many thanks!
                      Hello again,

This means your documents will be submitted to the Home Office a little in advance of your appointment, however, as you have it in just a few days' time, I can't see this giving you any advantage.

It used to be the case that applications were not even looked at till biometrics were done, however, after the first lockdown when biometrics centres were closed for such a long time, many applicants received a decision just a few days after biometrics, indicating a preliminary decision was made pending biometrics. It is possible that submitting your documents now *could* speed up your application if you didn't have your appointment for another month, but under the circumstances, I can't see it being the case. The button will disappear a couple of days before the appointment anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X