Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Opened a limited company before approval

Hello team,

I hope you can advise me. My citizenship application was approved on 25th January 2021 and waiting for the invitation letter and ceremony which could be in April/May time. However on 15th January 2021 I have set up a limited company in the UK. I have not yet started trading, no tax,income,finances etc to show. I only have the Companies House documents and bank account opening letter (no money in the bank account either). Does this count as a change in material circumstances? Do I need to inform HO about this new company? I am still and will be employed as a worker which is also what I have given in my application in June 2020.

thank you

Originally posted by hansi89 View Post
    Hello team,

I hope you can advise me. My citizenship application was approved on 25th January 2021 and waiting for the invitation letter and ceremony which could be in April/May time. However on 15th January 2021 I have set up a limited company in the UK. I have not yet started trading, no tax,income,finances etc to show. I only have the Companies House documents and bank account opening letter (no money in the bank account either). Does this count as a change in material circumstances? Do I need to inform HO about this new company? I am still and will be employed as a worker which is also what I have given in my application in June 2020.

thank you
    Changing jobs or setting up a company after the citizenship application submission (or approval) does not have any impact on your citizenship at all and you do not have to inform the Home Office.

Best wishes.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

Changing jobs or setting up a company after the citizenship application submission (or approval) does not have any impact on your citizenship at all and you do not have to inform the Home Office.

Best wishes.
      that is really good to hear! thanks dear Admin!

Comment

As this question pops up regularly, I have updated this resource: Change of circumstances

...to include the following:

You need to notify them of a material change in circumstances, such as:
        • Moving home (new address)
        • Any penalties, convictions or fines you receive
        You do not need to notify them if:
        • You change jobs, stop working, lose your job, leave your job, etc.
        • You set up a company or become self-employed.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
        X