Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I submitted my online application and payment and now I realised i was in SPAIN for 4 days on that date 5 years ago

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE I submitted my online application and payment and now I realised i was in SPAIN for 4 days on that date 5 years ago

Hello all,

I just realised that at the moment i paid and submitted the application I was in Spain 5 years ago for just 4 days

I have paid everything already and I do not know if I can do something about it or if I am going to be disqualified authomatically

Tim M (lawyer) I'm sorry I keep bothering you with this, would you recommend withdrawing the application as other members have done? If this is the best way forward, maybe I should put a note in the relevant resource that this is what they should do when the applicants do realise their mistake before biometrics, rather than relying on the caseworker asking them to re-submit on a different date.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Yes that is the only approach to avoid the fee not being refunded in case the caseworker does not exercise some discretion

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Hi, I have been speaking twice with the immigration team from HO.

They have told me about the quicker option of cancelling and sending a new AN application.

I have canceled the application though this link as I had not submitted my uploaded documents

Return of documents

Nonetheless, I have not received any confirmation email.

RIght now more than the money (which should come back within 8 weeks) what worries me is when I can apply again. According to two different workers from the immigration team I have been told that I would be able to do a new applocation right now however I do not know if this is wise as I have not received any cancellation confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by Fernandotp87 View Post
          Hi, I have been speaking twice with the immigration team from HO.

They have told me about the quicker option of cancelling and sending a new AN application.

I have canceled the application though this link as I had not submitted my uploaded documents

Return of documents

Nonetheless, I have not received any confirmation email.

RIght now more than the money (which should come back within 8 weeks) what worries me is when I can apply again. According to two different workers from the immigration team I have been told that I would be able to do a new applocation right now however I do not know if this is wise as I have not received any cancellation confirmation
          Technically there's no minimum time limit, but you may want to wait at least till you get your confirmation of the withdrawal. What's the hurry? As long as you make sure you were here 5 years ago when you submit, try to allow a day or two either side just to be on the safe side.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Have updated this post so I don't need to ask Tim every time! Absences and residence requirements for naturalisation - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Thank you so much Site Admin and Mr M

I will wait few days to submit the new application, however I have been confirmed by a 3rd member of the Home Office immigration team again that i would be OK to do so as both application would not overlap or make the decision taking slow down.

Right now I just feel so embarrased...

Thank you so much. My only hope is that at least, maybe, this will help others in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Fernandotp87 View Post
                Thank you so much Site Admin and Mr M

I will wait few days to submit the new application, however I have been confirmed by a 3rd member of the Home Office immigration team again that i would be OK to do so as both application would not overlap or make the decision taking slow down.

Right now I just feel so embarrased...

Thank you so much. My only hope is that at least, maybe, this will help others in the future
                Morning,

I should think the new application would be considered as a fresh one, and there's no reason for the timing to be affected, since the previous application was withdrawn before it was "valid", since an application without biometrics isn't a valid application, they won't be looking at that one.

Many people are not aware of this requirement which, in my view, is a bit silly, however, it is an essential part of the British Nationality Act 1981, and there is talk about amending the Act, not so much over issues like this, but as a result of the Windrush scandal.

Comment

Working...
                X