X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for EUSS if have citizenship

An 82 year old friend who obtained naturalisation in 2020 and who now also has a British passport, has received a letter from the Home Office recommending that he apply for SS. We both understood that he does not need to do so, having gained British citizenship. Is this correct? I would like to reassure him as he is now very worried.

Originally posted by Djemi View Post
    An 82 year old friend who obtained naturalisation in 2020 and who now also has a British passport, has received a letter from the Home Office recommending that he apply for SS. We both understood that he does not need to do so, having gained British citizenship. Is this correct? I would like to reassure him as he is now very worried.
    The Home Office is sending these messages to all those who are in their system as EU citizens regardless of whether they have also UK citizenship, for some reason the systems have not linked up the naturalisation of your friend, this is very common and there is nothing to be concerned about. He is British, otherwise he would not have been able to obtain a British passport, he does not need to apply for the settled status and even if he wanted to apply he could not because he is British.

I hope this will reassure him there is nothing to be concerned about.

Best,

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response! We are both very relieved.

Comment

Working...
      X