Announcement

Collapse

UPDATE

The EU Settlement Scheme ID check app is now available on iPhone: https://www.forum.ukcen.com/resource...ble-for-iphone
See more
See less

Citizenship application - confirmation email that application was received in wrong name

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Citizenship application - confirmation email that application was received in wrong name

Hi all,

I submitted my citizenship application in May and after reading some success stories and some posts in the waiting lounge, I had to check if I acutally received an email confirming the receipt of my application from the home office. I did, but only noticed now that the email was addressed to Miss Andrea maiden name instead of Mrs Andrea married name. Everything in my application is in my married name, including the check list I downloaded. I had this moment of panic wondering if this may be why I am one of the people having to wait longer? Should I be following up on this to make sure they have been able to match up the correct documents and application form?

I am really not sure what systems the Home Office uses. I had a similar issue with the name on my settled status, which changed for unknown reasons from married name to maiden name after it had all been granted correctly (this is sorted now).

I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you,
    Andrea

Originally posted by MsMarple View Post
    Hi all,

I submitted my citizenship application in May and after reading some success stories and some posts in the waiting lounge, I had to check if I acutally received an email confirming the receipt of my application from the home office. I did, but only noticed now that the email was addressed to Miss Andrea maiden name instead of Mrs Andrea married name.
    Morning,

Did you provide details of both your names when you filled in the AN form? As noted here: Maiden names or other names on AN application - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Everything in my application is in my married name, including the check list I downloaded. I had this moment of panic wondering if this may be why I am one of the people having to wait longer? Should I be following up on this to make sure they have been able to match up the correct documents and application form?
    The documents would have been uploaded to your own account, attached to your form, this is not like in the old days when applications were sent by post and documents could be misplaced. Also if you got confirmation in your maiden name, that still means they do have the right person, it would be a concern if they had addressed a completely different person.

I am really not sure what systems the Home Office uses. I had a similar issue with the name on my settled status, which changed for unknown reasons from married name to maiden name after it had all been granted correctly (this is sorted now).
    If the name you provided on the form is the same as the one on your passport, then the certificate of naturalisation should also be issued in this name, I seem to remember someone posting something similar about receiving an email on the "wrong" name, but not heard about people receiving their certificate of naturalisation in the wrong name (i.e. maiden instead of married or vice versa), only seen minor spelling mistakes. The principle would be the same, if the certificate was issued in the wrong name, it would have to be sent back to be corrected so it matches up with the name on the passport, but you need to wait till you get your certificate at the ceremony.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Thank you! Yes, I did provide details of both names. Guess I just needed some re-assurance that all is fine.

Thank you again.

Comment

Other articles

Collapse

Loading Calendar...
      Loading Calendar...
      Working...
      X