X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Residence Evidence for Citizenship Application

I had a look at the evidence residence post ( Evidence of residence - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families ) for citizenship application. It mentions " A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department " can be used as evidence of residence. Any particular HMRC letters? Can I double check that an Employment History letter from HMRC covering the last 5 years can provide sufficient evidence of residency in the UK for the past 5 years? Thanks

Originally posted by will View Post
    I had a look at the evidence residence post ( Evidence of residence - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families ) for citizenship application. It mentions " A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department " can be used as evidence of residence. Any particular HMRC letters? Can I double check that an Employment History letter from HMRC covering the last 5 years can provide sufficient evidence of residency in the UK for the past 5 years? Thanks
    Hello,

If the document confirms 5 years' continuous employment, it should also confirm 5 years' residence.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

How can an employment letter from your company confirms your physical presence in the UK? I work in a multinational company, and they cannot assess this on their side.

Comment

How can an employment letter from your company confirms your physical presence in the UK? I work in a multinational company, and they cannot assess this on their side.
        As you know, applicants are required to declare all absences on the AN form, including work related ones, and frequent business travel and postings abroad are an issue for a number of applicants, who may exceed the absences allowance. But employers are not expected to confirm absences (although applicants may rely on their employers' records to find out the dates when they were absent, as employers would have records of work-related trips and leave taken).

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

will Your new thread asks this same question answered above, so I have deleted the duplicate post.

Comment

So, do you mean a letter from my employer and previous employer confirming all my annual leave days will be enough to prove my residence in the UK? Will an employee letter confirming my annual leave allowance (24 days per year) be enough?

Comment

So, do you mean a letter from my employer and previous employer confirming all my annual leave days will be enough to prove my residence in the UK? Will an employee letter confirming my annual leave allowance (24 days per year) be enough?
              Employers' letters usually confirm continuous employment between two dates or ongoing employment until the present time, they don't usually contain details about annual leave taken. There is no requirement to provide evidence to back up the list of absences, just list them on the form. Where employers can help is with providing the details of when you took leave and/or travelled for work, so you can enter those details yourself on the AN form.

Comment

Can a letter showing employment history for the past 5 years from HMRC be used as residence of evidence?

Comment

I have been in the UK for the past 12 years. I got my PR earlier this year and is applying for citizenship now. My qualify period for my citizenship is past 5 years. There is 7 years gap. Do I need to provide evidence for the 7 years gap? Do I need a covering letter explaning/ stating this?

Comment

"
                    • Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
                    • Continued presence in the country can be shown by enclosing lists of attended appointments from GPs, dentist, physiotherapist, dental hygienist and hospital consultant (i.e. hospital appointments).
                    • Your children's school attendance records and letters confirming you drop them off and pick them up.
                    • Bank and credit card statements showing physical transactions made in the UK.
                    • A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department. "
                    I assume I just need to provide some of them, and not all of them. Am I right?

Comment

I'm going back to EU for a week in early November. If I submit my citizenship application before I go. I pressume I will get stamped on my EU passport this time I leave. When I go for the passport scanning in UKVCAS, it will show a stamp. I am aware that my application is considered when it is submitted and the qualifying period is last 5 years from the submitted date. I just want to double check if that will be a problem? If it will be, then I just submit my application after I come back and account my application for this travel.

Comment

I'm using my bank statements for residence evidence showing the physical transactions made in the UK. A few of my bank statements has an old address (still in the UK) to the period covered in that bank statement document, because I did not changed it. Will that be a problem? Shall I mention it in the cover letter? Thanks

Comment

"
                          • Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
                          • Continued presence in the country can be shown by enclosing lists of attended appointments from GPs, dentist, physiotherapist, dental hygienist and hospital consultant (i.e. hospital appointments).
                          • Your children's school attendance records and letters confirming you drop them off and pick them up.
                          • Bank and credit card statements showing physical transactions made in the UK.
                          • A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department. "
                          I assume I just need to provide some of them, and not all of them. Am I right?
                          will I have moved your new post to this thread as it relates to the same question. I have also answered your query regarding how to view your previous posts, so you can respond to them rather than starting new threads, here: UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

You will find the answer in the sentence I highlighted above. This list is for the benefit of people who may not have the preferred documents such as employers letters and letters from government departments, such as people who haven't been working, carers, stay-at-home-parents, etc. It's not necessary to provide them all.

Comment

Can a letter showing employment history for the past 5 years from HMRC be used as residence of evidence?
                            will Have also moved this one to this thread. The list above refers to letters from HMRC so, provided it shows continued employment for the 5 years, it could be used. Also as above, it is best to send documents from various sources, so you may want to supplement it with some of the other documents you have already mentioned above.

You shouldn't worry so much about this, when a caseworker has thought the evidence provided was insufficient, they would write back asking for additional evidence.

Comment

I have been in the UK for the past 12 years. I got my PR earlier this year and is applying for citizenship now. My qualify period for my citizenship is past 5 years. There is 7 years gap. Do I need to provide evidence for the 7 years gap? Do I need a covering letter explaning/ stating this?
                              will Also moved this other one here to keep it all together, since all the answers lie in the same post already quoted and highlighted above.

A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
                              It is only necessary to provide evidence for the last 5 years (the 3 years are for those who are married to a British citizen). The relevant period is just the last 5 years, although the form does ask to list employment for the last 10 years, there is no need to provide any evidence for earlier years.

Comment

Working...
                              X