Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submitting original passport and other evidence: British citizenship by naturalisation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitting original passport and other evidence: British citizenship by naturalisation

Dear all

I am about to finish my application online for British citizenship. I have checked the documents I need to produce and I understand I can produce copies (scanned) of all documents except for my passport, which needs to be the original.

Question 1: Is it best/easier to upload the copies yourself (I haven't got that far yet) or wait until you have your biometrics appointment and get them to upload the documents for you?

Question 2: how do you send your original passport to them? Is it again during your biometrics test appointment or you have to arrange that yourself? What would you recommend?

Thank you all for your input and best of luck. Don't give up. I know how difficult and frustrating the process is but we will get there!

Originally posted by An alien in London View Post
    Dear all

I am about to finish my application online for British citizenship. I have checked the documents I need to produce and I understand I can produce copies (scanned) of all documents except for my passport, which needs to be the original.
    All documents have to be scanned and uploaded to the UKVCAS interface, including all pages of your passport, unless you book a premium appointment or pay extra for scanning services, in which case they'll do that for you at the appointment. Even if you upload the documents yourself, it's still advisable to take them all with you to your appointment, just in case. This obviously includes your original passport. See: Submitting the form and booking your UKVCAS appointment - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Question 1: Is it best/easier to upload the copies yourself (I haven't got that far yet) or wait until you have your biometrics appointment and get them to upload the documents for you?
      As above, that would depend on whether you want to pay for the extra scanning and uploading service or not, see: Useful info about the UKVCAS service provision - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Question 2: how do you send your original passport to them? Is it again during your biometrics test appointment or you have to arrange that yourself? What would you recommend?
        It is scanned and uploaded with the rest of supporting documents, whether you decide to do it all yourself or pay extra for them to do it for you as above. And then you take it with you to the appointment but you get to keep the original

Thank you all for your input and best of luck. Don't give up. I know how difficult and frustrating the process is but we will get there!
        And best of luck to you too, do keep us posted and we are looking forward to your yay very soon!

Comment

Thank you so much. This is reassuring and it is great to have a forum like this. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Closing this one for now but looking forward to your yay very soon!

Comment

Working...
            X