X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing debts off

Hi. So we have applied for citizenship. 2 adults and 2 children mn1 and currently awaiting the decision. My question is: if I applied to write my debts off right now (not through bankruptcy) in Scotland (I think it would be through the Voluntary sth scheme) would this affect my pending application?
    many thanks

Originally posted by Monia37 View Post
    Hi. So we have applied for citizenship. 2 adults and 2 children mn1 and currently awaiting the decision. My question is: if I applied to write my debts off right now (not through bankruptcy) in Scotland (I think it would be through the Voluntary sth scheme) would this affect my pending application?
    many thanks
    The AN form only asks questions regarding bankruptcy and CCJs (judgments against you made in court, however they are known in Scotland). It doesn't ask any other questions about debts, so this wouldn't be something that would constitute a change of circumstances they must be informed about.

However, from a practical perspective not related to citizenship applications, it may be wise to look at all the alternatives before entering into an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement), if that's what you're looking at. I spent many years on consumer and debt forums, and can't recall one case where an IVA was actually a better solution than the alternatives.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X