X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LITUK - Middle Names & Refund Question

Hello - I was scheduled to do my 'Life in the UK' test yesterday.
    However, when I showed up at the test centre I was told that the name I registered with did not match the name on my passport.
    I have two middle names, the first one is written in full on my passport, the second one is shortened as "R.".
    When registering for the test, it tells you to submit your middle names together with a message that reads as follows:

"If you do not have a middle name or your middle name is not included on your document ID then please leave this field empty.".

In my opinion, both middle names are mentioned on my passport. However, playing devil's advocate, I tried to edit my middle name on the sign-up form for it to include the shortened second name ("R."). However, I received an error message upon submitting the dot as only letters and dashes are allowed.
    In my opinion, it is unclear how I need to fill out the "middle names" field. I want to complain to the home office in the hope of getting a refund. What I would like to know 1) Is it a valid complaint that it's unclear for me what to submit in the form and should be entitled to a refund 2) Any suggestions on how I should submit my middle names?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Site Admin

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by artic View Post
      Hello - I was scheduled to do my 'Life in the UK' test yesterday.
      However, when I showed up at the test centre I was told that the name I registered with did not match the name on my passport.
      I have two middle names, the first one is written in full on my passport, the second one is shortened as "R.".
      When registering for the test, it tells you to submit your middle names together with a message that reads as follows:

"If you do not have a middle name or your middle name is not included on your document ID then please leave this field empty.".

In my opinion, both middle names are mentioned on my passport. However, playing devil's advocate, I tried to edit my middle name on the sign-up form for it to include the shortened second name ("R."). However, I received an error message upon submitting the dot as only letters and dashes are allowed.
      In my opinion, it is unclear how I need to fill out the "middle names" field. I want to complain to the home office in the hope of getting a refund. What I would like to know

1) Is it a valid complaint that it's unclear for me what to submit in the form and should be entitled to a refund.
      The complaint will not be to the Home Office as such, see details here: Application for refunds or complaints about a Life in the UK Test - GOV.UK

Originally posted by artic View Post
      2) Any suggestions on how I should submit my middle names?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      You may wish to contact their helpline to ask this question, details here: Life in the UK Test - GOV.UK

Contact the Life in the UK Test Helpline if you need help with your booking.

Life in the UK Test Helpline
      Telephone: 0800 015 4245
      Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
      Find out about call charges

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post
        I was responding while you tagged me, it can take time to find the relevant resources.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
        X