X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN application - National ID card -

Hi, I had my UKVCAS appointment today. In my application I have included my passport details and valid national ID details. The person at UKVCAS said it's enough to submit a scan of my passport as this can be proof of nationality and identity and he did not scan and upload my ID. Is this OK? I can also upload it myself, I can still log into my UKVCAS account. What do you think? Thank you.

Originally posted by EK101 View Post
    Hi, I had my UKVCAS appointment today. In my application I have included my passport details and valid national ID details. The person at UKVCAS said it's enough to submit a scan of my passport as this can be proof of nationality and identity and he did not scan and upload my ID. Is this OK?
    Morning,
    Only one document is required to prove nationality and identity, and not everyone has both a passport and an ID card, so they are correct in this.

I can also upload it myself, I can still log into my UKVCAS account. What do you think? Thank you.
    I would go back to the checklist generated by the online form, if it included the ID card as one of the documents to submit, then I would do it.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you for the very quick reply. No, the checklist does not include national ID, my passport is listed (in the first category: proof of application) and then separately proof of identity and proof of nationality are listed but without referring to the national ID card. I used my passport in the Life in the UK test and when I got PR last year. I never use my national ID in the UK, just included the info in the form (because it was required).
      Last edited by EK101; 23-06-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the very quick reply. No, the checklist does not include national ID, my passport is listed (in the first category: proof of application) and then separately proof of identity and proof of nationality. I used my passport in the Life in the UK test. I also used my passport when I got PR last year.
        The form generates its own checklist based on the answers given on the form, in this case it really is up to you.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X