Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN Issues

Hi.
    Could you kindly help me with 2 issues regarding my naturalisation application?

1: are P60 or payslips accepted as proof of address as bank statements or household bills are not taken into consideration?
    if not will letters from my employers do?
    2: "evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions"- not sure I understand what it means.
    Can it be because I have answered Yes when asked of another immigration application,thinking that PR application is included in this category?
    If I have made a mistake regarding this can I fix it somehow maybe with a cover letter?
    I have not paid for the application,that was the next step.

Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mcn View Post
    Hi.
    Could you kindly help me with 2 issues regarding my naturalisation application?

1: are P60 or payslips accepted as proof of address
    Morning,

There is no requirement for proof of address for a naturalisation application, just evidence of residence, as noted here: Evidence of residence - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where it says:

A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer
    as bank statements or household bills are not taken into consideration?
    if not will letters from my employers do?
    As per link above:

• Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
    • Continued presence in the country can be shown by enclosing lists of attended appointments from GPs, dentist, physiotherapist, dental hygienist and hospital consultant (i.e. hospital appointments).
    • Your children's school attendance records and letters confirming you drop them off and pick them up.
    • Bank and credit card statements showing physical transactions made in the UK.
    • A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

2: "evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions"- not sure I understand what it means.
      It means having PR or ILR, including settled status, as noted here: ILR including Settled Status mandatory to apply for naturalisation - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

The evidence would be either a PR card (as shown on link above), an ILR stamp or filling in the date when settled status was granted on the form, as noted here: PR, ILR and Settled Status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families .

Can it be because I have answered Yes when asked of another immigration application,thinking that PR application is included in this category?
      No, as above, this is a mandatory requirement for naturalisation, regardless of what answers are provided on the form.

If I have made a mistake regarding this can I fix it somehow maybe with a cover letter?
      I have not paid for the application,that was the next step.

Many thanks in advance.
      As above, it's not a mistake, but make sure you do have one of the above (PR, ILR or settled status) before paying, as applying with the wrong document has been the most common cause of refusal, and the fee is non refundable.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Good morning and many,many thanks for your reply and clarifications.
        I have a PR card dated 2014 as well as bank statements,p60's and payslips dated 2007 so hopefully this will be enough.
        Many thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X