Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE FPN and AN application

Good evening,

i would like to apply for the naturalization and i was wondering if the following FPN can be relevant for the good character and an obstacle for application approval?
    • 2013 Driving using a mobile phone. paid-( stopped in a side but did not turn off the engine-different law in Spain where being stopped in a side is enough)
    • 2014 not displayed Excise Licence already paid
    • 2016 Jul, Dec 2016, Marl 2017, Jan 2018, May 2020: I have been fined for cigarette butts ( all paid)- (physical and mental health due to family reasons-my parent were sick in Spain -cancer-and I couldn't be present to assist them+distress at work- letter from Doctors /Hospital about my parents' illness available and no trips in Spain apart from 2018 when they passed away
    1. from Jan 2019 quit smoking (prescriptions and GP letter available)
    2. From Oct 2019 volunteer in a charity for environment preservation( reference letter available).
    Could you advise about the relevance of the FPN and if they can prevent the approval of the application?

Is there any term to consider the FPN i.e. 12 months no penalties, 3 years without penalties?

Thank you for your help.
    Rgds
    Carlos

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

As you are looking into citizenship, you may also want to look at the following resources:
      ...and you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Please note that, it applying with settled status, it may also be necessary to show you were exercising treaty rights for the previous 3 or 5 years, as noted here:

Employment, financial requirements and treaty rights for citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

yes all these Fixed Penalty Notices are relevant. They may well affect an application for citizenship based on character. 7 Fixed Penalty Notices could well be an issue unless they can exercise some discretion

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

please read the guidance in detail and especially the section on FPN's Link

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Working...
          X