X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics

Hi, I found a few posts on this but I am still not fully clear. I am Italian, I am applying for a British citizenship, I am married to a British, I have a settled status, do I need the biometric residence permit? If so, can I apply and then do it or is it better to do the other way around? Another question: do I need to upload copy of all pages of my passport or just initial 2 pages? Many thanks Anna

Originally posted by Annacla View Post
    Hi, I found a few posts on this but I am still not fully clear. I am Italian, I am applying for a British citizenship, I am married to a British, I have a settled status, do I need the biometric residence permit?
    In a word, no, BRPs are issued mostly to non EEA nationals. The online AN form is the same for everyone, EU and non EU nationals, and has a question about BRPs for the benefit of those applying with one, as noted here: BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) question - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

If so, can I apply and then do it or is it better to do the other way around?
    As above, EU nationals are simply not issued with a biometric card when applying for settled status.

Everyone has to do biometrics as part of the citizenship application, this is done at the UKVCAS appointment, as noted here: Submitting the form and booking your UKVCAS appointment - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Another question: do I need to upload copy of all pages of my passport or just initial 2 pages? Many thanks Anna
    All pages.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

You may want to look at this overview of the application process: Overview of the naturalisation process - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

...and this step-by-step guide: Citizenship application step-by-step - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

In a word, no, BRPs are issued mostly to non EEA nationals. The online AN form is the same for everyone, EU and non EU nationals, and has a question about BRPs for the benefit of those applying with one, as noted here: BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) question - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

As above, EU nationals are simply not issued with a biometric card when applying for settled status.

Everyone has to do biometrics as part of the citizenship application, this is done at the UKVCAS appointment, as noted here: Submitting the form and booking your UKVCAS appointment - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

All pages.
          Sorry your response seems to suggest in the first part that biometrics are not needed for EEA nationals, while in the second part it says
          "Everyone has to do biometrics as part of the citizenship application" so I am a bit confused now?

Comment

Sorry your response seems to suggest in the first part that biometrics are not needed for EEA nationals, while in the second part it says
            "Everyone has to do biometrics as part of the citizenship application" so I am a bit confused now?
            The citizenship process is the same for EEA and non EEA nationals, so yes, everyone has to do biometrics as part of the citizenship application itself, but this only happens at the UKVCAS appointment, which is booked after submitting the form and paying.

EEA nationals do not have to do biometrics to get a biometric residence permit. They can apply either with a PR certificate (which is a non biometric document inside a blue cardholder, as shown above) or with ILR, which is usually a stamp or vignette in a passport or other residence document, or with settled status, which is purely digital, none of these involve biometrics.

Comment

Thanks - do I need the biometrics residence permit to obtained the citizenship? (I already have settled status and I am married to a British).

Comment

Thanks - do I need the biometrics residence permit to obtained the citizenship? (I already have settled status and I am married to a British).
                No, settled status can be used to apply, see: PR, ILR and Settled Status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Working...
                X