Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different name on P60 forms / bank statements than in my passport

Hi
    I hope you can help with another question, this time about name discrepancies (I have checked your section on name discrepancies, but not sure if the examples apply to me). My name is spelt 'Katharine' in my passport, however, all my life I have used 'Katharina' in my everyday interactions. Consequently my bank statements and P60 forms say 'Katharina', except for my most recent P60 forms where I asked my employer to use 'Katharine' having become more aware of possible difficulties this might cause with matching my tax payment records. Do I I need to indicate 'Katharina' on the form under 'have you been know under any other name.. etc" (please see attached screenshot) or is it enough to explain it in the covering letter. In my PR application I didn't indicate 'Katharina' as another name and didn't mention it in my covering letter and my PR card was issued without any problems, but the requirements for citizenship might be stricter, so thought I'd double check. Many thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Aquarina View Post
    Hi
    I hope you can help with another question, this time about name discrepancies (I have checked your section on name discrepancies, but not sure if the examples apply to me). My name is spelt 'Katharine' in my passport, however, all my life I have used 'Katharina' in my everyday interactions. Consequently my bank statements and P60 forms say 'Katharina', except for my most recent P60 forms where I asked my employer to use 'Katharine' having become more aware of possible difficulties this might cause with matching my tax payment records. Do I I need to indicate 'Katharina' on the form under 'have you been know under any other name.. etc" (please see attached screenshot) or is it enough to explain it in the covering letter. In my PR application I didn't indicate 'Katharina' as another name and didn't mention it in my covering letter and my PR card was issued without any problems, but the requirements for citizenship might be stricter, so thought I'd double check. Many thanks for your help.
    Hi,

This isn't really another name, just a slightly different spelling of the same name. The name on the form has to match the one on the passport, documents like P60s and bank statements are only relevant to prove residence, so I would just write a brief note in the cover letter and/or additional info box on the form.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Phew!! That's a relief. Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
      X