X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR

Hello, I have PR, I am an EU national and I’m starting the application for citizenship. Whilst gathering my paperwork I noticed that my PR is in fact only showing my maiden name and my married name is no where in sight. I’m worried. Will this mean it will be problematic to get a passport issued in my married name? Or is this the normal way PR are issued? I feel silly not noticing the error beforehand. Thank you

Originally posted by Caro Lion View Post
    Hello, I have PR, I am an EU national and I’m starting the application for citizenship. Whilst gathering my paperwork I noticed that my PR is in fact only showing my maiden name and my married name is no where in sight. I’m worried. Will this mean it will be problematic to get a passport issued in my married name? Or is this the normal way PR are issued? I feel silly not noticing the error beforehand. Thank you
    Hello,

You may want to look at this post: Documents in various names - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where it says:

You should apply using the name on your passport. If this is different from your birth name, explain and give evidence (such as marriage certificate, deed poll, etc.)
    Also: Maiden names or other names on AN application - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where it says:

The online AN form asks if you have been known by other names and the reason for the name change, you can provide more than one previous name, for example, if you have been married more than once. In these sections, you can list your maiden name and if you had a different name at birth for any other reason.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Caro Lion View Post
      Hello, I have PR
      While we're at it, kindly double-check you have, in fact, a PR card, as applying with the wrong document is the most common cause of refusals, and the fee is non refundable: PR, ILR or Settled Status mandatory to apply for naturalisation - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X