X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general help with UK Citizenship application

Hi, the application says I must include the following document with my application, although I have already a UK permanent resident card: Evidence of Freedom from immigration time restrictions.... what is this document?
    Many thanks for your help

Originally posted by mich19 View Post
    Hi, the application says I must include the following document with my application, although I have already a UK permanent resident card: Evidence of Freedom from immigration time restrictions.... what is this document?
    Many thanks for your help
    Hi, there are various ways to show freedom from immigration time restrictions, that can be having PR or ILR, if applying with PR, the PR card is evidence of that.

While we are at it, please make sure what you have is, in fact, a PR card, as noted here: ILR including Settled Status mandatory to apply for naturalisation - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi thank you for your reply. I am doing my my application with a PR status. The application says I must include:
      • Passport or Id Card
      • UK permanent residence card
      • Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions...
      I am just a bit worried as it does not state include one of the following.... so do I just ignore the third document?... it is not very clear on the application.. kindly confirm ok only to include PR card.

I have another question please re employment details.. I gave my current employment details.. have been working for the same company for 31 years... the question on the application : have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?
      Does it mean they only need to know about the last 10 years or do I need to give the details of the previous job I had since I entered the UK?. as it was over 31 years ago I don't remember the address and exact dates.. if reply yes I need to give day month year... When I applied for the PR card I included current employment an previous one but they were not asking for the exact day or the address. Does the above question imply that they need to have all job details since I entered in UK or I just give the current one which is the same over the past 10 years?...

I do have more questions.. do you prefer I list them all on the same post?

Many thanks for your assistance

Comment

Hi thank you for your reply. I am doing my my application with a PR status. The application says I must include:
        • Passport or Id Card
        • UK permanent residence card
        • Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions...
        I am just a bit worried as it does not state include one of the following.... so do I just ignore the third document?... it is not very clear on the application.. kindly confirm ok only to include PR card.
        It's not a question of "ignoring it", since the PR card is also evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions, the form is just not very well worded.

Originally posted by happydays393 View Post
        I have another question please re employment details.. I gave my current employment details.. have been working for the same company for 31 years... the question on the application : have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?
        Does it mean they only need to know about the last 10 years or do I need to give the details of the previous job I had since I entered the UK?. as it was over 31 years ago I don't remember the address and exact dates.. if reply yes I need to give day month year...
        Only the last 10 years have to be listed, the reason the question is worded like that is because there's no need to live here 10 years to apply, so it's either over the last 10 years (for those who have been here longer than that) OR since arriving in the UK (for those who haven't been here 10 years).

When I applied for the PR card I included current employment an previous one but they were not asking for the exact day or the address. Does the above question imply that they need to have all job details since I entered in UK or I just give the current one which is the same over the past 10 years?...
        PR applications are based on different criteria, basically any 5 year period of exercising treaty rights (such as employment) can be used, at any time.

I do have more questions.. do you prefer I list them all on the same post?

Many thanks for your assistance
        Yes, you can post them here if they refer to this same application.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I think I have been quoted in this thread by mistake, as I have not written here Site Admin

Comment

I think I have been quoted in this thread by mistake, as I have not written here Site Admin
            That is very odd indeed! Must be a forum glitch. Did you get all your questions answered on your thread so I can delete the above quotes?

Comment

thank you very much for clarifying all of the above. I have more questions as follows:
              RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS... there are 2 questions.. the first is clear.. Are they any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British Citizens.. I answered no... the second question is
              ' if you don't meet the requirements to become a British Citizens, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application.. I answered NO.. is this correct... for this question I would have answered not applicable .. but it is either YES or NO..

I have also a query on the fixed penalty notice for speeding which the Fixed Penalty Unit called Notice of intended Prosecution... is it the same thing? Do I need to include this in the application? It was 15 years ago paid straight away and the had 3 points on my licence. My main concern is that I read a post in the forum that says I have to select for this 'A penalty for driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance.'.. is this correct? even if disqualification and no motor insurance did not apply to me... would it not come under 'A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty' ? Can you kindly clarify what do I need to select ?

Last query of the day.. ' If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishment or other government departments.,indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3-5 yrs period...which falls under 'PROOF OF LIVING'.. this may be a silly question... Does the employer have to word the letter saying that I worked during the qualifying period or simply the exact date of employment?

Thank you i am grateful for all your help
              Brgds

Comment

thank you very much for clarifying all of the above. I have more questions as follows:
                RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS... there are 2 questions.. the first is clear.. Are they any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British Citizens.. I answered no... the second question is
                ' if you don't meet the requirements to become a British Citizens, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application.. I answered NO.. is this correct... for this question I would have answered not applicable .. but it is either YES or NO..
                This question is there for the benefit of people seeking discretion, if not, the answer is just NO.

I have also a query on the fixed penalty notice for speeding which the Fixed Penalty Unit called Notice of intended Prosecution... is it the same thing? Do I need to include this in the application? It was 15 years ago paid straight away and the had 3 points on my licence. My main concern is that I read a post in the forum that says I have to select for this 'A penalty for driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance.'.. is this correct? even if disqualification and no motor insurance did not apply to me... would it not come under 'A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty' ? Can you kindly clarify what do I need to select ?
                Please refer to: Parking tickets, FPNs and motoring convictions - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

There is a box there with up to 500 characters to provide details.

Last query of the day.. ' If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishment or other government departments.,indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3-5 yrs period...which falls under 'PROOF OF LIVING'.. this may be a silly question... Does the employer have to word the letter saying that I worked during the qualifying period or simply the exact date of employment?
                Employers' letters usually provide the dates you were employed by them.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your answers
                  I have another doubt.... I don't remember the exact date of entry in this country...I came for 3 months first time and then went back to my country for 1 year.. and after that I returned to UK to stay...... this was many years ago ...I have put the date of the second time I came to this country... I consider this as my first entry and this is what I have used in the PR application... I don't remember the exact day and the airport of arrival. What should I do?
                  Many thanks for your continuous support.
                  Best regards

Comment

I have another doubt.... I don't remember the exact date of entry in this country...I came for 3 months first time and then went back to my country for 1 year.. and after that I returned to UK to stay...... this was many years ago ...I have put the date of the second time I came to this country... I consider this as my first entry and this is what I have used in the PR application... I don't remember the exact day and the airport of arrival. What should I do?
                    Best regards
                    Tariq N (lawyer) could you please help with this question. Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Best regards
                      Some of us arrived here decades ago so it would be impossible to provide an exact date, so an approximate date can be provided and the cover letter and/or further info section of the form can be used to say that this is an approximate date.

The date would be when coming here to stay rather than for a visit.

Comment

Ok wonderful thank you for your reply. Yes using the date when I came to stay. I will recheck my application this evening. Please don't close this post just yet.
                        Thank you again for your assistance
                        Brgds

Comment

Ok wonderful thank you for your reply. Yes using the date when I came to stay. I will recheck my application this evening. Please don't close this post just yet.
                          Thank you again for your assistance
                          Brgds
                          Do keep us posted!

Comment

Please don't close this post just yet.
                            No worries, we will keep this post open - best of luck with your application.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

One more question .. I am having doubts about the photos as well ( for the referee form) ....I really feel silly asking this .... .
                              I always have a ponytail and pull two strand of hair in the front.. on the side of my face.. but can clearly see face and eyes on the photo.... however in all examples given for passport photos, women have their hair behind their ears. My question is ... can anyone fail the application for using photos that don't meet all requirements? Or would they ask to provide new photos?
                              Thank you Brgds

Comment

Working...
                              X