Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Citizenship appication

Hi UKCEN,
    I'm a european citizen living in uk in last 7 years, i really don't know all the steps in aplication for citizenship.
    I have 1 year from the date when i recieved ILR
    I manage to find part of the steps on google, but i reach at a dead end

Originally posted by Alex1989 View Post
    Hi UKCEN,
    I'm a european citizen living in uk in last 7 years, i really don't know all the steps in aplication for citizenship.
    I have 1 year from the date when i recieved ILR
    I manage to find part of the steps on google, but i reach at a dead end
    Morning,

Google isn't always your friend, certainly not in this case!

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Please note that, if applying with settled status, it may also be necessary to show you were exercising treaty rights for the previous 3 or 5 years, as noted here:
    Employment, financial requirements and treaty rights for citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

We strongly recommend waiting until January to submit the application, unless there's a specific reason why this isn't possible. This does not apply to German nationals who need to apply before the end of the year due to German nationality rules.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thanks very much for info, i can t remember with exactly all the trips outside uk in last 5 years, needs to be perfect? for exemple i know that i was in holiday in march last year, but i can t remember the dates. i m 100% sure that i was no more than 40-50 days per year, but i have 5-6 days trips

Comment

Originally posted by Alex1989 View Post
        Thanks very much for info, i can t remember with exactly all the trips outside uk in last 5 years, needs to be perfect? for exemple i know that i was in holiday in march last year, but i can t remember the dates. i m 100% sure that i was no more than 40-50 days per year, but i have 5-6 days trips
        We have covered that here: Listing absences

...where you'll see:

If you can't recall or obtain your exact dates away from the UK, you can list them to the best of your recollection. You can explain this in your cover letter and/or additional information section of the form.

Make sure any trips that generated a stamp on your passport are listed. Applications have been refused for failing to list trips when they had passport stamps for them. Although EEA nationals do not get passports stamped in Europe, they do get stamped when you travel outside the EEA area.

Useful tips to find out the dates you were away from the UK
        • Check your emails for travel bookings: package holidays, flights, hotels, boarding passes, etc.;
        • Ask family and friends you visited or traveled with;
        • Digital photos usually contain information (known as metadata) including the date when the photo was taken;
        • If you are a social media user, check your Facebook, Instagram, etc. posts for dates when you posted photos or updates of your trips abroad;
        • Some people have managed to obtain information from airlines or travel agents they regularly book with;
        • If you were employed or traveled on business, your employer should have records of all your annual leave and/or business travel;
        • If you were self-employed and traveled for work, your accounting records should show the dates when you were away;

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X