X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Can I apply with PR next year?

Hello, I am Spanish and have had the Document certifying Permanent Residence Card
    (Blue paper) for more than 1 Year, and I Want to apply for British Naturalization. I have lived in UK for 8 Year,
    my question is:

Is this Card Going to stop to be válid from 1 January 2021??

Can I Still use this Card in January 2021 por British Naturaluzation?

my concern is if this Card will stop being válid on the 31st of Dec. Then I must apply in this 9 days left?

I hope you can help me with this metter.
    And Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by Wandis View Post
    Hello, I am Spanish and have had the Document certifying Permanent Residence Card
    (Blue paper) for more than 1 Year, and I Want to apply for British Naturalization. I have lived in UK for 8 Year,
    my question is:

Is this Card Going to stop to be válid from 1 January 2021??

Can I Still use this Card in January 2021 por British Naturaluzation?

my concern is if this Card will stop being válid on the 31st of Dec. Then I must apply in this 9 days left?

I hope you can help me with this metter.
    And Merry Christmas!
    Hello,

You need to look at the latest update here: ILR including Settled Status mandatory to apply for naturalisation - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:
    The way you apply for citizenship is going to change from January 1st 2021.

In order to apply for citizenship, applicants must have either:
    • A PR card or document certifying Permanent Residence;
    • ILR; or
    • Settled Status.

The application submission date is the relevant date for ALL practical purposes, not the biometrics appointment date.

From January 1st, if you have settled status, you MUST apply for citizenship with settled status.

If you have settled status, you CANNOT apply with a PR card from January 1st 2021.

If you apply before 11pm on December 31st 2020, you can still use your PR card even if you have settled status.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

So you can use the card to apply next year, but only if you haven't got settled status. You may also want to look here: When can I apply for citizenship?

...where we have:
      Scenario 1: If you are NOT married or Civil Partnered to a UK national

You can apply for citizenship with settled status 12 months after you first got permanent residence status. You do not need a permanent residence document.

From January 1st 2021, if you had PR before you got settled status, you can count that time towards the 12 month qualifying period. For example, if you came to the UK in 2013 and obtained PR status in 2018. In 2020, you applied for settled status. Usually, you'd need to wait 12 months after getting settled status, but because you had permanent residence for 2 years, you can apply straightaway.
      That means you can still use the PR card to prove you had PR status over 12 months ago, but your application has to be based on settled status.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

If you haven't got settled status, you should apply for it as well, as the citizenship application can take up to 6 months and there will be further waiting time before the ceremony, and you will need EUSS status from July 1st until the ceremony. You can use the PR card number to apply and it should only take a few minutes on your phone.

Comment

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X