X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Language Proficiency Proove

Hi everyone. I have a question regarding my degree for my Biometrics. I have a BA, done in Australia but I have problems to get in touch with my old Uni for my transcript. Can I just provide my certificate to NARIC and could that be enough? My old uni still offers my degree with all the prerequisites like min. Of 6.5 in the IELTS test. I really don’t want to do the English test here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My Biometrics appointment is on the 8th February btw. Thank you

Originally posted by Trulla69 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have a question regarding my degree for my Biometrics. I have a BA, done in Australia but I have problems to get in touch with my old Uni for my transcript. Can I just provide my certificate to NARIC and could that be enough? My old uni still offers my degree with all the prerequisites like min. Of 6.5 in the IELTS test. I really don’t want to do the English test here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My Biometrics appointment is on the 8th February btw. Thank you
    Hello,

I'm not in a position to comment on what NARIC may or may not accept, but you will need to provide an equivalence certificate along with your BA. Since the NARIC fees are even higher than the language test fee, we usually do recommend doing the language test instead, since it requires no preparation and you save no money. Also I don't know how long NARIC would take to issue the relevant document, bearing in mind we have yet another lockdown and many people are not working at the moment, and you have limited time to upload the documents, in reality, you should have had either the NARIC equivalence document or the language test, BEFORE submitting the form, as those details need to be provided on the form.

However, if you mentioned your degree and then sit the test instead, you can still upload your certificate or provide the reference number in your cover letter, before your appointment. But you need to make sure you do cover this side of things, unless you also have Australian citizenship, which would exempt you on the grounds of being a national of a majority English speaking country.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. It seems to be too difficult to use my degree and it’s such a long time ago. I booked the language test for speaking & listening. Easier and faster I think. I thought I could get away if spending even more money on something which is clearly evident through work and the time living here. But that’s how it goes. Anyway, again, thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Trulla69 View Post
        Thank you very much for your reply. It seems to be too difficult to use my degree and it’s such a long time ago. I booked the language test for speaking & listening. Easier and faster I think. I thought I could get away if spending even more money on something which is clearly evident through work and the time living here. But that’s how it goes. Anyway, again, thank you very much
        Morning,

That's usually the best option. I agree that it's rather absurd requiring a document stating the degree is equivalent to a UK degree, since the level of English required to pass their speaking and listening test wouldn't get you into secondary school, let alone allow you to finish a degree, but we don't make the rules.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X