X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good character and late with tax SE

I was late submitting my tax self assessment for tax year 2017-18 (as a self employed person). I paid the fine and submitted the return (I do not earn enough to pay tax).
    Could this affect the good character requirement? I have mentioned it in my cover letter (and explained it was an oversight due to family bereavement). Is there anything else I should or can do? I now also have submitted the SE 2018-19.

Still, should I worry?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Gini View Post
    I was late submitting my tax self assessment for tax year 2017-18 (as a self employed person). I paid the fine and submitted the return (I do not earn enough to pay tax).
    Could this affect the good character requirement? I have mentioned it in my cover letter (and explained it was an oversight due to family bereavement). Is there anything else I should or can do? I now also have submitted the SE 2018-19.
    Louis M (lawyer)
    Last edited by Site Admin; 19-07-2019, 08:41 AM. Reason: Tagged another lawyer

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Should I be worried?

Comment

Should I be worried?
        I have tagged another lawyer.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Still, should I worry?

Thanks,

Tim M (lawyer)

Comment

if you explain that this was a genuine error and not wilful deception then they should be able to disregard a single incident like this

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Thank you Tim,
              That is a very careful answer 'should be able to disregard it'. I appreciate that you need to be careful with what and how you say, but it does make me quite weary about my application. I am nervous now to submit it.

Gini

Comment

Thank you Tim,
                That is a very careful answer 'should be able to disregard it'. I appreciate that you need to be careful with what and how you say, but it does make me quite weary about my application. I am nervous now to submit it.

Gini
                What Tim is saying is that you should be able to explain this in your cover letter so they understand it was a mistake rather than deliberate deception, as it makes all the difference. Everyone makes mistakes, and that doesn't mean not being of "good character", but it's necessary to clarify this point so they know what happened.

Comment

Thank you Tim,

Gini
                  Hi Gini will you please update what happened with your application as other can get some help.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ranzazif View Post

Hi Gini will you please update what happened with your application as other can get some help.thanks
                    Morning,

I have great pleasure in confirming that this application was, in fact, successful: Citizenship ceremony invitation letter received and ceremony booked! - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

If you want to make an application and have any doubts about these issues, kindly start a new topic so we can address your specific circumstances, as every case is different and turns on its own merits.

Comment

Working...
                    X