Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

EEA question

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEA question

Hi I am Italian and I am doing the application for the Uk citizenship. I am not sure about a question. I have only settled status and I am not sure if they are specifically asking for permanent residence card that I don’t have. Thank you in advance

Originally posted by Frankie011 View Post
    Hi I am Italian and I am doing the application for the Uk citizenship. I am not sure about a question. I have only settled status and I am not sure if they are specifically asking for permanent residence card that I don’t have. Thank you in advance
    Morning,

We have covered that here: Filling in the AN form with PR or or ILR (including Settled Status) - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:

The form asks whether you are an EEA national or a family member who has a PR document.

This includes ILR or Settled Status. IF YOU HAVE SETTLED STATUS, YOU STILL CHOOSE THIS OPTION.

[...]

Filling in the AN form

If you say Yes to the question regarding whether you are an EEA national or a family member of an EEA national, you will be asked whether you will apply with PR or ILR.

You must answer YES to this question even if you have settled status.

EEA National

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

If you select ILR, which includes settled status, you will be asked for the date when ILR was granted. This would be the date on your ILR stamp or date when you got confirmation that settled status was granted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ILR_SSDate.png Views:	1 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	910
      You can apply for citizenship with settled status 12 months after you first got permanent residence status. You do not need a permanent residence document. If you didn't have a document certifying PR status, you need to have had settled status for at least 12 months unless married to a British citizen.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Please note that, if applying with settled status, it may also be necessary to show you were exercising treaty rights for the previous 3 or 5 years, as noted here:
        Employment, financial requirements and treaty rights for citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Hi, I need your advice regarding the Bank statements upload in UK citizenship application.
            How many for each year I have to submit?
            Thank you in advance for your help

Comment

Hi, I need your advice regarding the Bank statements upload in UK citizenship application.
              How many for each year I have to submit?
              Thank you in advance for your help
              Morning,

I've moved your new post to your previous thread to keep it all together.

If you look here: Evidence of residence

...you'll see:
              • Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the relevant 3 or 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
              • Continued presence in the country can be shown by enclosing lists of attended appointments from GPs, dentist, physiotherapist, dental hygienist and hospital consultant (i.e. hospital appointments).
              • Your children's school attendance records and letters confirming you drop them off and pick them up.
              • Bank and credit card statements showing physical transactions made in the UK.
              • A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department.
              Although the Home Office prefers official documents from government departments, if you are unable to provide them, or the other items on the list above, you can send anything that has your name, address and a date on it.

You may want to explain in your cover letter and/or additional information section of the form, why you are unable to provide their preferred evidence.
              Please note that bank statements are not the preferred evidence for citizenship, as the document checklist will say, so, if you need to use them, you will also need to wrtie a note in your cover letter to say you are providing them in the absence of their preferred forms of evidence, as noted above.

Comment

Hi, I know there is a bit of confusion about this topic. I tried to understand from previous comments but I am even more confused now.
                I hope I will have a little help from you. (I really want to thank you for this amazing platform and all the support you are giving)

I am applying for UK citizenship and I am blocked at the CSI question.

I am italian and I have EHIC card (tessera sanitaria)
                I arrived in uk in September 2013
                First job April 2014 and since this date I have been continually working in UK for almost 7 years so I guess I am ok for the qualifying years (5+1).
                My question is: are these initial 7 months a problem? shall I send a scan of my EHIC card as proof? and also is it better to tick or shall I leave blank the section on the online application regarding CSI?
                Thank you in advance

Comment

Hi, I know there is a bit of confusion about this topic. I tried to understand from previous comments but I am even more confused now.
                  I hope I will have a little help from you. (I really want to thank you for this amazing platform and all the support you are giving)

I am applying for UK citizenship and I am blocked at the CSI question.

I am italian and I have EHIC card (tessera sanitaria)
                  I arrived in uk in September 2013
                  First job April 2014 and since this date I have been continually working in UK for almost 7 years so I guess I am ok for the qualifying years (5+1).
                  My question is: are these initial 7 months a problem? shall I send a scan of my EHIC card as proof? and also is it better to tick or shall I leave blank the section on the online application regarding CSI?
                  Thank you in advance
                  Morning,

I've moved your post to your existing thread to keep it all together.

Please note that you only need to provide evidence of lawful residence for the last 5 years, and this is clearly indicated on the checklist shown below:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	LawfulResChecklistHilite.png
Views:	4
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	59959

So you only need to provide evidence for those years, nothing from 2013-2014.

Comment

So shall I leave the box blank?
                    thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Morning,

I've moved your post to your existing thread to keep it all together.

Please note that you only need to provide evidence of lawful residence for the last 5 years, and this is clearly indicated on the checklist shown below:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	LawfulResChecklistHilite.png
Views:	4
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	59959

So you only need to provide evidence for those years, nothing from 2013-2014.

thank you for your help

Comment

thank you for your help
                        Morning,

No, you cannot leave it unticked, everyone has to tick it to be able to proceed, it's a bit like when you book something online and have to tick the box agreeing to the terms and conditions. Even if it's not relevant, you are simply ticking it to say that, IF it was relevant, you would provide the required evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Morning,

No, you cannot leave it unticked, everyone has to tick it to be able to proceed, it's a bit like when you book something online and have to tick the box agreeing to the terms and conditions. Even if it's not relevant, you are simply ticking it to say that, IF it was relevant, you would provide the required evidence.
                          Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
                          X