Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

Rep of Ireland citizen with EUSS

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep of Ireland citizen with EUSS

I am a Republic of Ireland citizen living in the UK since 2008 when I came to study full time. I am married to a UK citizen since 2018. I was a full time student from 2008-2013.

I worked part time 2008-2010 and then 2011-2013. I worked full time from 2013 -2019.

In 2019-2020 I had 1 year maternity leave. I returned to work part time in 2020. I applied for Settled Status in September 2019 as I was not sure what would happen with Irish in the UK and there were no discussions as yet.

I am applying for UK citizenship. I have passed the Life in the UK test. I just have some questions about the main form.

1.Do I apply as an EEA person with settled status or say no to that question and continue on as I do not need EUSS to apply for Naturalisation as I am Irish?

2.I assume that as I applied for Settled status in the form where it asks if you have ILR I need to put yes and the date as the settled status.

3.Should I have had CSI when I was a student 2008-2013? Does this matter anymore or is it too long ago?

4.The form asks for evidence for CSI in my 3-5 qualifying years but I was working in the qualifying period. My big question is does my maternity leave count? Should I have had CSI when on maternity leave. As I took 1 year maternity leave there was a period where I was not paid but I was still employed by my employer just on maternity leave. Or being Irish did I not need CSI?

5.In terms of employment history I worked for on an off over the 13 years I have been here. Do I only put down the 10 years of employment history?

6.I am not sure of the start date of one of the jobs, not even certain of the month - the year I know. Do I put an estimate for a couple of months?

7.In terms of evidence of residency I have some wage slips but for the year of maternity leave I am struggling. Do they definitely not accept bank statements?

Please help. Very worried about the form. It is rather scary!!

Originally posted by Tyrd2bhn View Post
    I am a Republic of Ireland citizen living in the UK since 2008 when I came to study full time. I am married to a UK citizen since 2018. I was a full time student from 2008-2013.

I worked part time 2008-2010 and then 2011-2013. I worked full time from 2013 -2019.

In 2019-2020 I had 1 year maternity leave. I returned to work part time in 2020. I applied for Settled Status in September 2019 as I was not sure what would happen with Irish in the UK and there were no discussions as yet.

I am applying for UK citizenship. I have passed the Life in the UK test. I just have some questions about the main form.

1.Do I apply as an EEA person with settled status or say no to that question and continue on as I do not need EUSS to apply for Naturalisation as I am Irish?

2.I assume that as I applied for Settled status in the form where it asks if you have ILR I need to put yes and the date as the settled status.
    Morning

As you do have settled status, you can choose that option and say that you have ILR and provide the date it was granted, same under the immigration applications part of the form.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

3.Should I have had CSI when I was a student 2008-2013? Does this matter anymore or is it too long ago?
      The form only asks for evidence of lawful residence over the last 5 years, however, it i]s my understanding that Irish nationals have their rights in the UK under the Common Travel Area agreement rather than the EU directives, so this shouldn't come into it.

4.The form asks for evidence for CSI in my 3-5 qualifying years but I was working in the qualifying period. My big question is does my maternity leave count? Should I have had CSI when on maternity leave. As I took 1 year maternity leave there was a period where I was not paid but I was still employed by my employer just on maternity leave. Or being Irish did I not need CSI?
      As above, Irish nationals' rights fall under the CTA, furthermore, there is no CSI requirement for periods of employment or maternity leave in any case, and the form's reference to CSI is generic.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

5.In terms of employment history I worked for on an off over the 13 years I have been here. Do I only put down the 10 years of employment history?
        Yes, it's either the last 10 years or since coming to the UK, if under 10 years ago.

6.I am not sure of the start date of one of the jobs, not even certain of the month - the year I know. Do I put an estimate for a couple of months?
        Yes, you can always write a brief note in your cover letter to state this.

7.In terms of evidence of residency I have some wage slips but for the year of maternity leave I am struggling. Do they definitely not accept bank statements?
        We have covered that here: Evidence of residence

...where you'll see:
        • Documentary evidence that indicates presence in the UK during the relevant 3 or 5 years. This can be in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments. A sample of these documents, at least one from each of the 3 or 5 years, should be submitted.
        • Continued presence in the country can be shown by enclosing lists of attended appointments from GPs, dentist, physiotherapist, dental hygienist and hospital consultant (i.e. hospital appointments).
        • Your children's school attendance records and letters confirming you drop them off and pick them up.
        • Bank and credit card statements showing physical transactions made in the UK.
        • A P60 from an employer would be equivalent to a letter from an employer and Government Department letters could include letters you have received from the DWP, HMRC, DVLA, or any other Government Department.
        Although the Home Office prefers official documents from government departments, if you are unable to provide them, or the other items on the list above, you can send anything that has your name, address and a date on it.

You may want to explain in your cover letter and/or additional information section of the form, why you are unable to provide their preferred evidence.

Comment

Please help. Very worried about the form. It is rather scary!!
          There's nothing to be scared of, and it's not about the form, it's about meeting the criteria, the form is only a means to collect information about the applicant, but applications are not assessed based on how well you responded to the questions, it's not an exam based on the form's answers, applications are only refused if an applicant doesn't meet the overall criteria. Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Comment

I am so close to finishing the AN form but I am not sure about the Town of Mother's Birth. On her Birth certificate it has the name of a townland or just the name of a place in the middle of nowhere. Do I write that at the Town or do I write the nearest town (about 15 mins drive away) which is not technically where she was born.

Comment

A
              I am so close to finishing the AN form but I am not sure about the Town of Mother's Birth. On her Birth certificate it has the name of a townland or just the name of a place in the middle of nowhere. Do I write that at the Town or do I write the nearest town (about 15 mins drive away) which is not technically where she was born.
              Afternoon,

Have moved your new post to your previous thread to keep it all together.

You can just write the name of the nearest town. And you won't have to provide her birth certificate for your application.

Comment

Working...
              X