Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

AN application form - previous immigration application in the UK question

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN application form - previous immigration application in the UK question

Hello,

I am Swedish citizen who spent two years in the UK as an aupair 1985-86. I returned on 3 May 1987 and was given three months to stay (but not allowed to work). I left in July, arrived back in December 1987, got married soon after and on 26 February 1988 I was granted Idenfinite Leave to Remain. Since then I have been living and working in the UK. I applied for Settled Status in August 2019 and which was granted on the 28 August 2019.

My questions are:

Where it asks when you first entered the UK, do i give the date as 3 May 1987 or the date of the ILR, 26 February 1988?

What do I answer to the question 'have you made any previous UK immigration application to the UK'? Do I add my settled status granted in 2019?

I have been married to my current partner since 1999. Does this mean I only need to prove I've lived and worked here for the last three years and would P60's from 2018 suffice?

Many thanks in advance for all your help!

Originally posted by PrinceRupert View Post
    Hello,

I am Swedish citizen who spent two years in the UK as an aupair 1985-86. I returned on 3 May 1987 and was given three months to stay (but not allowed to work). I left in July, arrived back in December 1987, got married soon after and on 26 February 1988 I was granted Idenfinite Leave to Remain. Since then I have been living and working in the UK. I applied for Settled Status in August 2019 and which was granted on the 28 August 2019.

My questions are:

Where it asks when you first entered the UK, do i give the date as 3 May 1987 or the date of the ILR, 26 February 1988?
    Morning,

The date in question is when you came here to live, in this case, I'd say December '87, since you were only here as a visitor the previous time.

What do I answer to the question 'have you made any previous UK immigration application to the UK'? Do I add my settled status granted in 2019?
    We have covered that here: Immigration applications

...where we have:
    regarded as an immigration application.

Details should be provided as below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PreviousApplications.png Views:	1 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	963

If you applied for other visas such as visit visa, student, etc. these are also immigration applications that need to be listed.

As there is no time limit to mention applications, you'll also need to mention your ILR from 1988, even if you use your new settled status to apply.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I have been married to my current partner since 1999. Does this mean I only need to prove I've lived and worked here for the last three years and would P60's from 2018 suffice?
      That's right, the relevant period for those married to a British spouse is the last 3 years, and this is also the case for listing absences.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help!

Comment

Working...
          X