X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update passport after submitting naturalisation application

Hello, I've submitted my naturalisation application to become a British citizen on 08 April 2021 and I attended the biometrics appointment on 05 May 2021. I've renewed my passport a few days ago and I'm confused about where and how to update it for this application. I've found Update your UK Visas and Immigration account details - GOV.UK but it seems to only deal with EU Settlement Scheme and some visa applications? I've tried to upload a scan of the new passport on the UKVCAS website but the ability to submit documents is now disabled as the appointment has already occurred. The Nationality Enquiries guidance email from the Home Office also doesn't mention how to update supporting documents, only changes of address.

Do I need to update my new passport and if so, how is it done? I'm slightly concerned as the new passport has a different number which doesn't match any of my previous submitted passports scans. Thank you.

Originally posted by noiselabs View Post
    Hello, I've submitted my naturalisation application to become a British citizen on 08 April 2021 and I attended the biometrics appointment on 05 May 2021. I've renewed my passport a few days ago and I'm confused about where and how to update it for this application. I've found Update your UK Visas and Immigration account details - GOV.UK but it seems to only deal with EU Settlement Scheme and some visa applications? I've tried to upload a scan of the new passport on the UKVCAS website but the ability to submit documents is now disabled as the appointment has already occurred. The Nationality Enquiries guidance email from the Home Office also doesn't mention how to update supporting documents, only changes of address.

Do I need to update my new passport and if so, how is it done? I'm slightly concerned as the new passport has a different number which doesn't match any of my previous submitted passports scans. Thank you.
    Afternoon,

If you submitted your application, had your biometrics appointment, etc. then there is no need to update your passport details, this is only necessary to do on EUSS records because EUSS status is digital and linked to the document used to apply for the status. The citizenship application only uses your passport to prove your identity and nationality, which they would have done with the passport you provided. Once you have your biometrics appointment, it's no longer possble to upload documents, should the caseworker require anything further, they would get in touch asking for it, but this shouldn't be the case with the new passport.

Assuming you applied with settled status, you may still want to update your settled status record with your new passport, as you will still need to rely on this status until you have your ceremony, this is particularly relevant if you intend to travel before you get your British passport.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you Site Admin for being so clear on this matter. Much relieved now. I did submit a request to update my EUSS record using Update your UK Visas and Immigration account details - GOV.UK , waiting for approval.

Comment

Working...
      X