Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Language Requirements

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for citizenship and have reached this screen. Not sure what to answer! I applied and obtain both Permanent Residency and Settled Status respectively in 2017 and 2019. I was never asked to provide proof of English language qualifications. I have a Masters Degree from Westminster University, which I obtained in 2008.

What should I answer here, Yes or No?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

Orazio

Originally posted by OrazioA View Post
    Hi,

I am in the process of applying for citizenship and have reached this screen. Not sure what to answer! I applied and obtain both Permanent Residency and Settled Status respectively in 2017 and 2019. I was never asked to provide proof of English language qualifications. I have a Masters Degree from Westminster University, which I obtained in 2008.

What should I answer here, Yes or No?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

Orazio
    Afternoon,

We have covered this here: The language requirement

...where you'll see:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LanguageRequirement2013.png Views:	1 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	1023

These questions are aimed at non EEA nationals who are here under the UK immigration rules and who had to satisfy the language requirement in order to get ILR.

EEA nationals and their non EEA family members must reply No to this question as it doesn't apply to anyone who didn't need to satisfy the language requirement to obtain ILR, settled status does not have this requirement.

If you mistakenly choose Yes in response to this question, you will not be given the option to state how you satisfy the language requirement on the online AN form.

If you respond No to this question, you will be asked whether you have a suitable degree:

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X