Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

citizenship application and time outside the country ill.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE citizenship application and time outside the country ill.

Good afternoon, I was living in England since 2011 and have settled status.
    I received in in January 2020. Unfortunately I was on holidays and stayed abroad until may 2020 as My health wasn’t good and the country I was in was close flights.
    I went back in May 2020 with the intention to stay and got a terrible health problem so I took a humanitarian flight back due ti my health and me needing support at home and to get groceries and covid as the gp was afraid he couldn’t help mucn. Then the country I have been was in a red list.
    I am planning to go back in March 2022. Did I loose my posibility of getting my citinzenship after a year? Do I have to accumulate 5 more years? I have medical proof of my health situation.
    Please
    Help

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

It is my impression that there aren't many provisions for discretion on these grounds when it comes to citizenship applications, am I right?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

You may want to refer to the following resources which are the starting point for citizenship applications:And you may also want to consider the potential impact of becoming British if you wish to sponsor family members in the future: Impact on family members

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I'm afraid this absences from the UK of nearly 2 years is going to be far too long. You should aim to continue living in the UK for a prolonged period when you return in 2022 before thinking of applying for UK citizenship

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Working...
        X