Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturalisation application: Haven't uploaded my EUSS letter (settled status) from HO

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalisation application: Haven't uploaded my EUSS letter (settled status) from HO

I submitted my naturalisation application on 2nd November and had my UKVCAS appointment on 23rd November.

Yesterday I realised that I might have made a mistake as I didn't submit my EUSS confirmation letter (settled status) which I was granted in May 2019.

The reason why I didn't submit it is because when I initially submitted my naturalisation application there was a section called DOCUMENTS with a summary of documents that I had to provide. They were as follows:

1. Passport
    2. Proof of living in the UK for 5 years
    3. Degree certificate (I've graduated from a British university so I've used the degree certificate to satisfy the English Language condition)
    4. 2 referee declarations

I've submitted all of the above documents including proof of living in the UK for 5 years (P60s, payslips, bank statements). I haven't, however, submitted my EUSS confirmation letter granting me the settled status as it wasn't on the list of documents I had to provide so I thought it wasn't necessary as Home Office should have access to it anyway.

There was a question on the application form: Will you use your Indefinite Leave to Remain, including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme, to apply for British Citizenship? I answered this question as: YES
    There was also a question: Date your leave was granted - I provided the exact date (xx May 2019)

I've never had a permanent residence card so answered this question as NO on the application.

I'm now thinking that maybe I should have provided the EUSS (settled status) confirmation email and uploaded it on UKVCAS or will Home Office be able to check their own records if I stated on the application that I'm using the ILR granted under the EUSS?

I've also not provided a copy of my ID card, which is another concern, as I used it when I took my Life in the UK test. Should that be a problem?

Is there still any way to contact Home Office to provide them with the copy of my EUSS (settled status) confirmation letter and the copy of my ID card? Is it better to withdraw my naturalisation application as it may be refused/rejected? I've had my UKVCAS appointment already so I'd not get the application fees anyway.

What's the best way to proceed, please?

Originally posted by MartaZ View Post
    I submitted my naturalisation application on 2nd November and had my UKVCAS appointment on 23rd November.

Yesterday I realised that I might have made a mistake as I didn't submit my EUSS confirmation letter (settled status) which I was granted in May 2019.

The reason why I didn't submit it is because when I initially submitted my naturalisation application there was a section called DOCUMENTS with a summary of documents that I had to provide. They were as follows:

1. Passport
    2. Proof of living in the UK for 5 years
    3. Degree certificate (I've graduated from a British university so I've used the degree certificate to satisfy the English Language condition)
    4. 2 referee declarations

I've submitted all of the above documents including proof of living in the UK for 5 years (P60s, payslips, bank statements). I haven't, however, submitted my EUSS confirmation letter granting me the settled status as it wasn't on the list of documents I had to provide so I thought it wasn't necessary as Home Office should have access to it anyway.

There was a question on the application form: Will you use your Indefinite Leave to Remain, including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme, to apply for British Citizenship? I answered this question as: YES
    There was also a question: Date your leave was granted - I provided the exact date (xx May 2019)
    Morning,

Ours and our lawyer's recommendation is to uploaded the letter or a screenshot of your profile saying you have settled status although, in principle, the Home Office should be able to verify this by looking at their own records.

I've never had a permanent residence card so answered this question as NO on the application.
    That's fine since you had settled status over 12 months.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

I'm now thinking that maybe I should have provided the EUSS (settled status) confirmation email and uploaded it on UKVCAS or will Home Office be able to check their own records if I stated on the application that I'm using the ILR granted under the EUSS?
      I'd be inclined to say yes to both, that is, you should have provided it but they should also be able to check their own records. After all, the letter does say it's not proof, so one would expect them to go back to their records anyway.

I've also not provided a copy of my ID card, which is another concern, as I used it when I took my Life in the UK test. Should that be a problem?
      Probably not a big concern. If they needed more information or documents, they would get back to you asking for them. In this case, they may not have started looking at your application yet.

Is there still any way to contact Home Office to provide them with the copy of my EUSS (settled status) confirmation letter and the copy of my ID card? Is it better to withdraw my naturalisation application as it may be refused/rejected? I've had my UKVCAS appointment already so I'd not get the application fees anyway.

What's the best way to proceed, please?
      You may wish to contact their nationality team providing both documents:

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
      X