Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

Application joint or not

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info required Application joint or not

Hello All,

We are in the getting information about the naturalisation process state and I have two questions:

1. I am Romanian and got my settled status in May 2020. My husband is Syrian and got his SS in October 2020. Is it better to apply for UK citizenship together or individually? I am in absolutelly no rush and can wait until October. If I were to apply in May, how would that impact my husband's application just 5 months later (with me having or maybe not having a decision yet)?

2. Does one's passport need to be valid when applying for naturalisation? If there are strong reasons why one can't have it renewed, can this be explained in a cover letter?

Many thanks!

Kindest regards,

Last edited by ClaudLatina; 01-03-2022, 09:34 AM. Reason: real name removed from signature

Originally posted by Lara View Post
    Hello All,

We are in the getting information about the naturalisation process state and I have two questions:

1. I am Romanian and got my settled status in May 2020. My husband is Syrian and got his SS in October 2020.
    Morning,

I'm a bit confused here, as you posted this a year ago: Settled Status first few months - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Hello All,

Thank you so much for this forum and advice.

I am very confused about my first months in the UK re: the application for the Settled Status. I have pre-settled status from 2019 and have sent my application for settled status 10 days ago, but still haven’t heard anything and now all thoughts are boiling in my brains ?

I have arrived in the UK on 6th January 2016. I still have the e-ticket email, but do not the boarding pass. I have added the eticket email to the application.
    The post above was made on the 27th of January 2021, stating you moved here in January 2016, so I can't see how you could have settled status since may 2020. Would you be able to clarify the situation here before going further?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Sorry, I meant 2021.

I got my settled status in May 2021 and my husband in October 2021 so this year we can apply for naturalization.

Thank you! ?

Comment

Sorry, I meant 2021.

I got my settled status in May 2021 and my husband in October 2021 so this year we can apply for naturalization.

Thank you! ?
        I have copied this post here for reference.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Is it better to apply for UK citizenship together or individually? I am in absolutelly no rush and can wait until October. If I were to apply in May, how would that impact my husband's application just 5 months later (with me having or maybe not having a decision yet)?
          You may want to look here: Family applications and dependents

...where we have:

You can include family members in your application. Once you start your form, you get the option to add spouses, children and siblings to the form.

However, each individual will be assessed against the statutory requirements in their own right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_314.png Views:	3 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	5890

The fees are the same as for individual applications, there are no savings nor discounts for applying together as a family.

The main advantage of a family application is to have just one UKVCAS appointment for all applicants, as well as being able to upload shared supporting evidence where relevant.

Comment

2. Does one's passport need to be valid when applying for naturalisation? If there are strong reasons why one can't have it renewed, can this be explained in a cover letter?
            We have covered that here: Expired passports

...where you'll note:
            The form asks whether you have in your possession, a valid passport. If the answer is No, it then asks whether you can provide details of your passport using a copy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	copyOfPassport.png Views:	1 Size:	344.6 KB ID:	1060
            This screen cannot be used to enter details of expired passports, as it will not accept an expiry date that's not in the future.

If you have an expired passport, you have to answer No to this question so you can get the following:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ExpiredPassport.png Views:	1 Size:	277.5 KB ID:	1061

If you have your expired passport, you need to supply it, even if applying with a valid ID card.

Comment

You may want to refer to the following resources which are the starting point for citizenship applications:If you are an EEA national, you may also want to consider the potential impact of becoming British if you wish to sponsor family members in the future: Impact on family members

Comment

Thank you!
                I will sure have more questions later ?

Comment

Working...
                X