X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Absence from the UK - 48 times

Hi, I'm trying to complete my UK Citizenship application form online (I'm an EU citizen). I'm stuck at a few points that I'm hoping someone knows the answers to:

- I've been away from the UK 48 times in the last 5 years, can I enter all those times online? (I met the days away requirements)
    - Do I have to send away my passport? I have an UK driving license, I'm happy to send that.
    - I don't know anyone that fits the second referee option. What can I do? I can't be the only one

Many thanks,

Betul

Originally posted by BetulK View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to complete my UK Citizenship application form online (I'm an EU citizen). I'm stuck at a few points that I'm hoping someone knows the answers to:

- I've been away from the UK 48 times in the last 5 years, can I enter all those times online? (I met the days away requirements)
    Morning,

Unfortunately the online form is limited to 30 trips and the additional info section of the form has a 500 character limit. You may want to look at this post: Absences and citizenship applications - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where it says:

If you need to attach a list or spreadsheet to the online form because you have more than the 30 trips the form allows, you can use the cover letter and/or additional information section on the form to refer to this attachment. There is a character limit for the additional info box, making it impractical to list lots of extra trips.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

- Do I have to send away my passport?
      These days all applications are done online and documents are scanned, uploaded and forwarded to the Home Office in digital format, including passports. These are checked at the UKVCAS appointment which also includes biometrics. See: Submitting the form and booking your UKVCAS appointment - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...and: Useful info about the UKVCAS service provision - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I have an UK driving license, I'm happy to send that.
      A driving license wouldn't satisfy the requirements to prove nationality and identity, however, sending passports is no longer an issue as above.

But please note this regarding the LITUK test: Life in the UK test - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where it says:

You need to submit the document you use to book your test (passport, ID or driving license), with your AN application.
      As above, all documents have to be scanned and uploaded, so no physical documents get sent any more.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

- I don't know anyone that fits the second referee option. What can I do? I can't be the only one
        You may want to look at this post: Professional referees - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll find:

The requirement to nominate suitably-qualified referees is not a statutory one, and where it presents genuine difficulty for an applicant on account of his or her lifestyle or other circumstances this should be explained in the space provided for additional information on the application form.
        Although as mentioned above, there is limited space in that area, so this is something that can be explained in the cover letter, along with the extra trips that do not fit on the form.

Also note the following:

If the caseworker thinks one of your referees is not suitable, they will contact you asking to provide another referee.

Comment

Working...
        X