Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AN waiting times - reasons for variations?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN waiting times - reasons for variations?

Hi gang,

I was wondering if anyone had any information and or suggestions why waiting times for AN applications seem to vary so much.

Earlier this spring it definitely felt like most YAYs were coming from people who had submitted paper forms (as reported on the old FB group) as if they were being prioritised to clear them out for all-online applications. Then a finally a stream of online application YAYs started coming in.

We all know that home office allows up to six months but that clearly isn't the experience for most of us. In fact, just this week someone reported a three-week turnaround.

I'm just frustrated and I know there's nothing I can do but wait. My SS was approved end of last year in less than 12 hours so I expected my AN application to be smooth sailing. Even the UKVCAS chap who scanned my passport suggested around 5-week waiting time. But tomorrow it has been three months since I submitted my online AN.

The fact that I've lived here 20+ years doesn't mean they need to run checks for all that time, does it? The fact that I didn't have the original marriage certificate can't be the problem, esp as the copy that I submitted was issued by our council who married us over 20yrs ago. And if it was an issue, surely they would've reached out to me?

And I know it doesn't really change anything (my life isn't on hold for having to wait) but it just is mighty annoying when there is NO way to track the processing of our applications. I can trace £5 shoes from retailer to my garden but giving near £1500 to the Gov I'm totally in the dark. All I know I can't see my application online anymore. Rant over

Waiting times for AN updated to 13 April 2019. If you want to help keep this graph up to date, please include your timeline in your success story (formerly known as yay post).

Graph shows time between submission of documents (sending paper form or UKVCAS appointment) and receipt of approval letter.

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"ANWaitingTimesApril2019.jpg","data-attachmentid":1405}

Attached Files

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkmaiden View Post
      Hi gang,

I was wondering if anyone had any information and or suggestions why waiting times for AN applications seem to vary so much.

Earlier this spring it definitely felt like most YAYs were coming from people who had submitted paper forms (as reported on the old FB group) as if they were being prioritised to clear them out for all-online applications. Then a finally a stream of online application YAYs started coming in.
      Hi there,

We have a graph, soon to be updated, from the time when there were various options to apply. There's never been anything to indicate that certain applications were prioritised, it's a bit of luck really, and it may have more to do with the caseworker's caseload than the actual application.

Back in 2017, something rather odd happened: people who applied in April/May often ended up having to wait a long time, even longer than six months, some took up to eight months, while those who applied in the summer months (Jun-August) were being approved in a couple of months. At that time all applications were done on paper, and I got the impression that the files of the newer applications were literally placed on top of the previous ones, so they got allocated a caseworker and processed before the older ones.

We all know that home office allows up to six months but that clearly isn't the experience for most of us. In fact, just this week someone reported a three-week turnaround.
      Three weeks isn't the norm either.

I'm just frustrated and I know there's nothing I can do but wait. My SS was approved end of last year in less than 12 hours so I expected my AN application to be smooth sailing. Even the UKVCAS chap who scanned my passport suggested around 5-week waiting time. But tomorrow it has been three months since I submitted my online AN.
      There is no reason to be impatient, there really is no need to be British for any practical purposes, well, not unless you intend to join the Olympic GB team or the Armed Forces (we did have people in that situation).

The fact that I've lived here 20+ years doesn't mean they need to run checks for all that time, does it?
      Length of residence has no impact on application turnarounds.

The fact that I didn't have the original marriage certificate can't be the problem, esp as the copy that I submitted was issued by our council who married us over 20yrs ago. And if it was an issue, surely they would've reached out to me?

And I know it doesn't really change anything (my life isn't on hold for having to wait) but it just is mighty annoying when there is NO way to track the processing of our applications. I can trace £5 shoes from retailer to my garden but giving near £1500 to the Gov I'm totally in the dark. All I know I can't see my application online anymore. Rant over
      Just forget about it until the postie brings the approval letter.

Relax and enjoy the nice weekend.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
      X