X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An 5 months ago

Dear all - my children and myself applied for AN on the 23 Rs of Jan - Sopra stevia appt in Crosyong in the 6 th Feb - loads of documents sent - I know the home office has 6 months but 5 already passed and nothing - Is there anything I can do other than wait ? And what should I do if by 6 months I haven’t had any notification ? Many thanks

Originally posted by Kewcat View Post
    Dear all - my children and myself applied for AN on the 23 Rs of Jan - Sopra stevia appt in Crosyong in the 6 th Feb - loads of documents sent - I know the home office has 6 months but 5 already passed and nothing - Is there anything I can do other than wait ? And what should I do if by 6 months I haven’t had any notification ? Many thanks
    You may want to refer to this post: Timeframes - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Which simply confirms what you already know. And it was my understanding that they only start looking at applications once biometrics were submitted, so we are looking at another month and a half before the six months are up, at which point you can contact the nationality team. But for now, all you can do is relax, forget about it and enjoy the summer, all three days of it!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

So tomorrow will be 6 months since our application was acknowledged by the home office - if the post lady doesn’t bring my approval letter - Where do I write or call? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Kewcat View Post
        So tomorrow will be 6 months since our application was acknowledged by the home office - if the post lady doesn’t bring my approval letter - Where do I write or call? Thanks in advance
        Louis M (lawyer) Would you be able to help?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

In practice there is not a lot you can at this stage. You could contact your local MP to request an update - MPs have good channels of communication with the Home Office.

You could telephone the Home Office directly and see what they say - although they will probably fob you off.

I am an immigration solicitor regulated by the Law Society of England and Wales.  I work at Truth Legal Solicitors where I am Head of Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Louis M for full details.

Comment

Working...
          X