Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

A long saga comes to an end!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long saga comes to an end!

Dear All again,
    I just want to update you about my situation regarding my Citizenship waiting saga. After fifteen long months waiting I finally became British Citizen this morning at Lambeth Town Hall.
    As I explained in another post few months ago my journey has been a bit slow. I involved my MP after six months but nothing happened. Then so many many e-mails to HO with just the automated reply as their answer. Then in June I sent an e-mail to “caseworker” HO department asking for an answer whatever the outcome of their decision ( I was so #£@!)... their reply was wishing me happy Birthday and saying that it was approved on the 6th of May to be exact...( it was just an e-mail with no official letter)... After this I waited and waited again. I called HO helpline many times in vain... then I decided to send a polite e-mail every day for a week asking for my ceremony invitation... no answer at all and this was On the first week of September... And guess what?... on Friday the 25th just three days ago I received by post my invitation to the ceremony in a plain brown envelope. I rang straight away my council to see if they have my certificate which they had. ( I must say that the invitation letter from HO was dated 1st of Sept coinciding with my numerous e-mails). Then I booked the first spot I could find in case of a local lockdown.
    I am feeling so relieved now and the long wait has finally arrived I know I still have to get passport etc but the big hurdle has passed now. And I would like to say to those still waiting after a long time to keep your Head up and be patient because at the end will be fine. I know you may be feeling anxious and deflated At times but Try to keep your spirit up. Good luck to everyone waiting and thank you again to this wonderful forum xx

Originally posted by Jtocin View Post
    Dear All again,
    I just want to update you about my situation regarding my Citizenship waiting saga. After fifteen long months waiting I finally became British Citizen this morning at Lambeth Town Hall.
    As I explained in another post few months ago my journey has been a bit slow. I involved my MP after six months but nothing happened. Then so many many e-mails to HO with just the automated reply as their answer. Then in June I sent an e-mail to “caseworker” HO department asking for an answer whatever the outcome of their decision ( I was so #£@!)... their reply was wishing me happy Birthday and saying that it was approved on the 6th of May to be exact...( it was just an e-mail with no official letter)... After this I waited and waited again. I called HO helpline many times in vain... then I decided to send a polite e-mail every day for a week asking for my ceremony invitation... no answer at all and this was On the first week of September... And guess what?... on Friday the 25th just three days ago I received by post my invitation to the ceremony in a plain brown envelope. I rang straight away my council to see if they have my certificate which they had. ( I must say that the invitation letter from HO was dated 1st of Sept coinciding with my numerous e-mails). Then I booked the first spot I could find in case of a local lockdown.
    I am feeling so relieved now and the long wait has finally arrived I know I still have to get passport etc but the big hurdle has passed now. And I would like to say to those still waiting after a long time to keep your Head up and be patient because at the end will be fine. I know you may be feeling anxious and deflated At times but Try to keep your spirit up. Good luck to everyone waiting and thank you again to this wonderful forum xx
    Morning,

I'm very happy to hear you have finally come to the end of this journey! WELL DONE!

For reference, this was the other thread: What a journey to get an answer for British Citizenship! - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

I've copied this thread as a stickie here for those who are still waiting to arrange their ceremonies.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
      X