Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

Citizenship Ceremonies during Lockdown 3

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Ceremonies during Lockdown 3

Hi, I just wanted to share some good news, it seems that citizenship ceremonies during the current lockdown (Jan/Feb 2021) will be still going ahead. I had mine yesterday, 6th Jan, and it was a group ceremony. Of course there are some Covid restrictions (like no guests allowed, no singing during national anthem, etc).
    I have received an email from my Council the day before, saying they are still seeking clarifications from the Home Office, but in the meantime they will keep on holding citizenship ceremonies. So, this could change, but for the moment it seems it's business as usual! Yay!
    (This was in Cambridgeshire, not sure if it is the same across all UK)

Just in case someone is interested, I felt very safe, they adhere to social distancing, have sanitiser & wipes everywhere at your disposal, track&trace venue check in and mandatory face covering. The only time face masks are to be removed is when you are saying the swearing/affirmation and pledge. The whole ceremony is also fairly short, only about 15 min for us (we were a group of 5).

Originally posted by Ivy.Peace View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to share some good news, it seems that citizenship ceremonies during the current lockdown (Jan/Feb 2021) will be still going ahead. I had mine yesterday, 6th Jan, and it was a group ceremony. Of course there are some Covid restrictions (like no guests allowed, no singing during national anthem, etc).
    I have received an email from my Council the day before, saying they are still seeking clarifications from the Home Office, but in the meantime they will keep on holding citizenship ceremonies. So, this could change, but for the moment it seems it's business as usual! Yay!
    (This was in Cambridgeshire, not sure if it is the same across all UK)

Just in case someone is interested, I felt very safe, they adhere to social distancing, have sanitiser & wipes everywhere at your disposal, track&trace venue check in and mandatory face covering. The only time face masks are to be removed is when you are saying the swearing/affirmation and pledge. The whole ceremony is also fairly short, only about 15 min for us (we were a group of 5).
    Hello again,

This is very good news indeed, thanks for sharing!

I'm going to make this a "sticky" post, that means it will always appear at the top of the ceremonies waiting lounge area, for other members' reference.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Hello, I want to share my experience too. I sent an email to Lambeth Borough Council because I have my ceremony booked for 19/01/2021.

Lambeth Borough Council confirmed that ceremonies are going ahead during this 3rd lockdown.

Comment

that's excellent news. I wonder what my council (Barnet) will do.

The only thing I guess it's it will be not possible to have pictures taken

Comment

Originally posted by plody View Post
          Hello, I want to share my experience too. I sent an email to Lambeth Borough Council because I have my ceremony booked for 19/01/2021.

Lambeth Borough Council confirmed that ceremonies are going ahead during this 3rd lockdown.
          Originally posted by Zlatanio View Post

Morning,

Great news, other than the photos, although I don't know why you woudn't be able to have the photo taken, since there's no contact involved and people do have theirs taken during biometrics.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

We were allowed to take selfies (without masks) and if we wanted we could ask others in the group (I had a group ceremony) to kindly take a photo for us. There were wipes to wipe phones before/after, and hand sanitizer. However, there was no official photographer during the ceremony I attended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivy.Peace View Post

We were allowed to take selfies (without masks) and if we wanted we could ask others in the group (I had a group ceremony) to kindly take a photo for us. There were wipes to wipe phones before/after, and hand sanitizer. However, there was no official photographer during the ceremony I attended.
              I could settle for that.

Besides, the Barnet council website was last updated when the Tier 4 was rolled out and they said they weren't doing group ceremonies anymore, only private (at an extra cost, I suppose)

Comment

I could settle for that.

Besides, the Barnet council website was last updated when the Tier 4 was rolled out and they said they weren't doing group ceremonies anymore, only private (at an extra cost, I suppose)
                Morning,

That's a bit unfair, if they make you pay for them, unless of course you have more time to have yours once they've resumed the group ones, after all this second peak nuisance clears out.

Comment

Breaking News, Lambeth Borough Council.

I have a ceremony booked for 19/01/2021.

just received an email saying that the ceremony will no longer be on presence but virtual (MS Teams).

Since I already have a booking the day and time for me won’t change.

They said they will post my certificate with special delivery to my home address after the ceremony.

hope this helps

Comment

If someone is from Hampshire, then I called Winchester Register Office but they currently do not hold any ceremonies besides registering deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      If someone is from Hampshire, then I called Winchester Register Office but they currently do not hold any ceremonies besides registering deaths.
                      Not even virtual ones?

Comment

Unfortunately, not even virtual ones. Even when you call on their number voice recorded message already informs you about that but I still passed through it to talk to a person and make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Unfortunately, not even virtual ones. Even when you call on their number voice recorded message already informs you about that but I still passed through it to talk to a person and make sure.
                          Sorry guys, this might be confusing as it is for me because I just received a letter from register office that they want to hold virtual citizenship ceremony with me over zoom just a day after I received a letter from home office but I received different information from register office on the phone.

Comment

Hi everyone.

News about my virtual ceremony. Lambeth wants the person who’s getting the ceremony to send them invitation letter and and photo ID prior to the ceremony. Via email.

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                            X