Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Waiting for Ceremony Invitation

Hi everyone!

I have had my successful application for British naturalisation on the 7th of January 2021 and it doesn’t say how long do I have to wait for the ceremony. I am going to do my ceremony at the Haringey council, currently holding ceremonies online. They are taking quite long and I was wondering if anybody has a number I can call to check the progress and remind them I am still waiting for the ceremony invitation?

Thanks for the attention to this matter and for your help.

Originally posted by Smarozzi View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have had my successful application for British naturalisation on the 7th of January 2021
    Morning,

I'm very happy to hear your application was successful!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Smarozzi View Post
      and it doesn’t say how long do I have to wait for the ceremony. I am going to do my ceremony at the Haringey council, currently holding ceremonies online. They are taking quite long and I was wondering if anybody has a number I can call to check the progress and remind them I am still waiting for the ceremony invitation?

Thanks for the attention to this matter and for your help.
      I've moved this post to our ceremonies waiting lounge, where we have other members in a similar situation: Ceremonies Waiting Lounge - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Smarozzi May I ask if you got your citizenship with the help from our forum and resources?

Comment

Welcome to club Me and my wife applied in October 2020 and had approved on first week of March 2021. No concern as long as you didn’t breach any immigration rules or had criminal offences (though I believe a good lawyer may sort it even so but no idea). We even made small mistakes on our application but it all gone well.
          Now we are in waiting lounge for Ceramony letter. As far as I saw from other forums we should receive our ceramony letter some point at end of May or June. I saw people approved in December are receiving their ceramony letters in March. I am also following from other forums I can say I summarised now most of approvals coming in 4-5 months and most of ceramony letters coming 3 months after approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Erun View Post
            Welcome to club Me and my wife applied in October 2020 and had approved on first week of March 2021. No concern as long as you didn’t breach any immigration rules or had criminal offences (though I believe a good lawyer may sort it even so but no idea).
            Afternoon

Just to clarify this point, a lawyer can certainly help with an application based on discretion, for example, when you had excess absences due to work or family reasons and they can assist with putting forward a strong cover letter explaining why and also making a point about making the UK your home, etc., a lawyer can also assess your chances of success based on previous experiences, for example, if you have a number of penalties, bankruptcy, lots of CCJs, etc. But lawyers don't have magic powers, if an applicant doesn't meet the criteria, particularly in regards to immigration breaches or criminality, even the best lawyer can't guarantee success. What a good lawyer would do in such cases is asses the situation and, if necessary, tell the applicant to wait until the issues have fallen off the relevant period, ie. 3 years for most out of court disposals, 10 years for immigration breaches, etc.

Originally posted by Erun View Post
            We even made small mistakes on our application but it all gone well.
            Now we are in waiting lounge for Ceramony letter. As far as I saw from other forums we should receive our ceramony letter some point at end of May or June. I saw people approved in December are receiving their ceramony letters in March. I am also following from other forums I can say I summarised now most of approvals coming in 4-5 months and most of ceramony letters coming 3 months after approval.
            Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
            X