Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Citizenship Ceremony at Cambridgeshire Council

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone could please advise me/share their experiences regarding the Citizenship Ceremony at Cambridgeshire Council, please.

A few days back I received my invitation letter to attend the Ceremony, dated April 28th. As instructed in the letter, I rang the Cambridge council but the recorded message prompted me to send an email instead, at this address citizenship@cambridgeshire.gov.uk. So I did, and I received an automatic email, advising they are processing over 300 certificates and they will do their best. I have a few questions:

- Has anyone heard back since their original email?
    - Is there any way to have a rough estimate of when the ceremony will take place - a few weeks or months?
    - How about the location? The letter stated Cambridge Council, on Castle Hill but the website instead refers to Huntingdon. Citizenship | Cambridgeshire Ceremonies Which one of the two locations should it be?

For the sake of it, I'm sharing the autoreply from Cambridge council down below:

"Thank you for your email. If you have contacted us about your citizenship ceremony then we will keep your contact details on file and will contact you when your certificate has arrived in the despatch from The Home Office.

At present we are waiting for certificates for 300 new citizens who have contacted us to that say that they have received their invitation to a ceremony from The Home Office. Despatches are spaced a fortnight apart and, while we are assured that The Home Office are working their way through the backlog methodically and sequentially, there does still appear to be a two month delay so please do be patient.

Yours sincerely,
    Cambridgeshire Citizenship Ceremonies

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Originally posted by Dflowers View Post
    Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone could please advise me/share their experiences regarding the Citizenship Ceremony at Cambridgeshire Council, please.

A few days back I received my invitation letter to attend the Ceremony, dated April 28th.
    Morning,

I've copied this to your previous thread, now moved to our successes area, as we were not aware your application had been successful! overseas UK VACs - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

CONGRATULATIONS!

I've left this post in our ceremonies waiting lounge, where, hopefully, others may be able to comment.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank You So Much!! Admittedly I meant to write in this forum and I was carried away. ..

Just in case people in Cambridge are wondering, please note that the location is going to be Hungtidon for the foreseeable.
      Ceremonies will take place every Thursday.

Comment

Working...
      X