Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Invitation for a ceremony but no approval letter from Home Office

Hello,

I received an email from my Dorset Council with invitation for my British Citizenship ceremony on 22 July 2021. They asked me:
    You will also need to provide in this email:
    - your email address
    - your telephone number
    - a scanned copy of a photograph of your passport and your Home Office letter. (you will also need to have these documents with you at your ceremony).

I have send all details what they needed except the Home Office approval letter because I haven't recived, any even that my application has been approved. What should I do?
    Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by Landon View Post
    Hello,

I received an email from my Dorset Council with invitation for my British Citizenship ceremony on 22 July 2021. They asked me:
    You will also need to provide in this email:
    - your email address
    - your telephone number
    - a scanned copy of a photograph of your passport and your Home Office letter. (you will also need to have these documents with you at your ceremony).

I have send all details what they needed except the Home Office approval letter because I haven't recived, any even that my application has been approved. What should I do?
    Thank you for your help.
    Morning,

I'm very happy to hear your application was successful!

This is your other thread, now in our successes area: When can I apply for citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I've moved this post to our ceremonies waiting lounge, where I recall other members saying something similar about receiving the ceremony invite but not having received the decision letter: Ceremonies Waiting Lounge

In the past, decision letters used to be sent by post, then, from the first lockdown in March 2020, they started sending them by email, however, in the last few weeks, some members reported receiving them in the post. Have you looked at your junk/spam folders? Last year, one of our members found their decision email in one of them, nearly 6 months later! They were saved by lockdown, as their decision was in March 2020 and no ceremonies took place for months. Worth having a look.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

If you can't find anything, you may wish to contact the Nationality Team and ask about the letter:
        Nationality team emails:

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Comment

Hi, I received an email from Home Office this mornig:-) I've sent it to my Council and they said this was exactly what they needed:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Landon View Post
            Hi, I received an email from Home Office this mornig:-) I've sent it to my Council and they said this was exactly what they needed:-)
            Lovely to hear that!

Comment

Help me, please. Sixth monts ago I received decision about citizenship and certificate. Bristol council gave me an appointment for the ceremony by phone. It would be in two days, on 15th of July, but I didn't receive any letter regarding what to bring with myself and nobody answers my phone calls. What should I bring to the ceremony? Many thanks.

Comment

Hi Ciri, Try to send an email on register.office@bristol.gov.uk. Ask them what do you need to have with you.

Comment

Thank you for your repl. I have sent but received only a Automatic reply. I would ask them for an urgent reply in the subject of the email. What I can do.

Comment

Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

I have riched them and I love England. You have to be able to trust in unwritten words. Bristol Council does not send out letters by post but the door will be open, hopefully.
                      Last edited by Ciri; 14-07-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your help. All went well. The door was opened.

Comment

Congrats. My Ceremony next week:-)

Comment

Great. You will like it.

Comment

My Council offer only virtual ceremonies.

Comment

Working...
                              X