Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Office Invitation Letter Not Arriving

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Member comments welcome Home Office Invitation Letter Not Arriving

    Hi there,

    I got the great news that my citizenship application had been accepted from a letter dated May 26th however I am still waiting for the home office invitation letter and my council, Tower Hamlets, said they hadn't received anything yet. So I can't book the ceremony.

    I sent an email to enquire about the status of my letter to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk but no reply yet.

    Is this email still valid? citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk
    And this number? 03001232253

    Are there any other means of finding out why the invitation letter hasn't been sent yet?

    I have to go abroad in August so would only book my ceremony for September, upon my return.

    Many thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by Smarah View Post
    Hi there,

    I got the great news that my citizenship application had been accepted from a letter dated May 26th however I am still waiting for the home office invitation letter and my council, Tower Hamlets, said they hadn't received anything yet. So I can't book the ceremony.

    I sent an email to enquire about the status of my letter to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk but no reply yet.

    Is this email still valid? citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk
    And this number? 03001232253

    Are there any other means of finding out why the invitation letter hasn't been sent yet?

    I have to go abroad in August so would only book my ceremony for September, upon my return.

    Many thanks
    Afternoon,

    I've moved your post to our Ceremonies Waiting Lounge.

    We have the following emails for the nationality team:


    nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

    FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

    CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Smarah View Post
      Hi there,

      I got the great news that my citizenship application had been accepted from a letter dated May 26th however I am still waiting for the home office invitation letter and my council, Tower Hamlets, said they hadn't received anything yet. So I can't book the ceremony.

      I sent an email to enquire about the status of my letter to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk but no reply yet.

      Is this email still valid? citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk
      And this number? 03001232253

      Are there any other means of finding out why the invitation letter hasn't been sent yet?

      I have to go abroad in August so would only book my ceremony for September, upon my return.

      Many thanks


      Hi Smarah,

      I am in a very similar situation as you have described here. I was approved in late May 2021 and I have not received my citizenship ceremony invitation letter either. I have emailed all available email addresses I could possibly find for the Naturalisation team but I have not received any replies. I have also submitted a SAR request which just confirmed that the latest they have on my file is the approval letter but nothing in regards to the ceremony invitation letter. I have called their contact centre twice - as expected extremely unhelpful as they just said that I should email the ceremony team. She confirmed that they have cleared the backlog it seems because the contact centre do not get updates about when different letter batches are sent to applicants as they used to earlier this year. I got fed up so I wrote a physical letter to UKVI asking for the invitation letter. I am also trying to contact my local MP as the last available resource. I have run out of options how to receive any meaningful update on my ceremony letter. My local council also has not received my certificate.

      Have you received any updates on your ceremony letter?

      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks admins for putting my post in the right forum.

        avgeek, I'm sorry you are going through a similar situation.

        You are actually a few steps ahead of me in the chasing process! May I ask with number you called?

        Contacting your local MP is a good idea, they tend to be relatively responsive.

        I've had no updates yet. In other forums, people told me it can take up to 3 months. Which would be until August 26th. But there are cases of people who have waited for the invitation letter way beyond that time which I definitely want to avoid.

        Let's keep each other updated here with any changes or if we get a response as to why it's taking so long.

        Thanks


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Smarah View Post
          Thanks admins for putting my post in the right forum.

          avgeek, I'm sorry you are going through a similar situation.

          You are actually a few steps ahead of me in the chasing process! May I ask with number you called?

          Contacting your local MP is a good idea, they tend to be relatively responsive.

          I've had no updates yet. In other forums, people told me it can take up to 3 months. Which would be until August 26th. But there are cases of people who have waited for the invitation letter way beyond that time which I definitely want to avoid.

          Let's keep each other updated here with any changes or if we get a response as to why it's taking so long.

          Thanks

          Hi Smarah

          I called 0300 790 6268 and followed the options to reach the nationality bit

          Yeah I understand the letter should arrive within 3 months from the moment you are approved but the timelines on forums do not seem to add up as most people are receiving a combined approval letter and an invitation to ceremony. In our case it seems they have followed the 'traditional route' - sending those apart.

          Thanks and keep me posted!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by avgeek View Post

            Hi Smarah

            I called 0300 790 6268 and followed the options to reach the nationality bit

            Yeah I understand the letter should arrive within 3 months from the moment you are approved but the timelines on forums do not seem to add up as most people are receiving a combined approval letter and an invitation to ceremony. In our case it seems they have followed the 'traditional route' - sending those apart.

            Thanks and keep me posted!
            Morning,

            This seems to be quite new, traditionally, they were always separate documents, and, ever since the first lockdown back in March 2020, they'd started sending out decision letters by email. It's only in the last few weeks I've seen people say they are now getting a combined decision letter and ceremony invite, although a handful of people did seem to have missed their decision email, yet councils were adamant they should have them with them at the ceremony. The idea was always that the Home Office would send out the ceremony invite at the time they had also forwarded the certificate to the council, otherwise the council wouldn't book anything until they had the certificate in their possession, and this was often several weeks after the decision was made, as it takes time to print the certificates. Not sure whether this combined approach will give the impression that applications are taking longer if people don't get a notification when the decision is made. One to look out for.

            I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi did you managed to get your ceremony letter as I am still awaiting mine and I was approved in May as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Londonnew View Post
                Hi did you managed to get your ceremony letter as I am still awaiting mine and I was approved in May as well.
                Hi Londonnew

                I have still not received my ceremony letter. I just received a response from my local MP yesterday who had called HO and they just confirmed that I have sent them an email inquiring the same. Apparently the caseworker team put a note on their system to say that they had received the email and were looking into the case. My local council just re-confirmed again that they have not received my naturalisation certificate yet and basically just told me that it is a waiting game. They did, however, pointed out that some invitation letters are getting lost so they advised checking the ceremony booking system and keep in touch with them at a later stage.

                It is a waiting game... a bureaucratic nightmare if you ask me.

                I would reach out to Home Office via emails/ or even send a letter or contact your local MP for help as they have a dedicated HO phone line to inquire about their constituents' immigration matters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by avgeek View Post

                  Hi Londonnew

                  I have still not received my ceremony letter. I just received a response from my local MP yesterday who had called HO and they just confirmed that I have sent them an email inquiring the same. Apparently the caseworker team put a note on their system to say that they had received the email and were looking into the case. My local council just re-confirmed again that they have not received my naturalisation certificate yet and basically just told me that it is a waiting game. They did, however, pointed out that some invitation letters are getting lost so they advised checking the ceremony booking system and keep in touch with them at a later stage.

                  It is a waiting game... a bureaucratic nightmare if you ask me.

                  I would reach out to Home Office via emails/ or even send a letter or contact your local MP for help as they have a dedicated HO phone line to inquire about their constituents' immigration matters.

                  Hi

                  thanks for the response.

                  I have sent them more than 5 emails and all of them are well over 20 working days, however none of them have been responded.

                  I have also been chasing my local council and they are very slow to respond to my enquiries too as they do not have a dedicated phone line and the only contact with them is email which is responded after 20-25 working days.

                  I am unsure what to do next as people in other forums are getting their ceremony invitation within 10 working days in fact some have got them in 3.

                  anyways it seems like it’s a waiting game however the strange thing I have noticed here and in other forums is most of the May approvals are waiting for ceremony invite so this may be a technical issue or some other issue that has not been noticed yet.


                  Let’s hope we all receive it soon and if u do manage to get any further updates please post it here.

                  thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello everyone,

                    any updates? Anyone managed to progress their application or receive any sort of response.

                    thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Londonnew View Post
                      Hello everyone,

                      any updates? Anyone managed to progress their application or receive any sort of response.

                      thanks
                      Hello,

                      unfortunately I have no update on the progress of my citizenship ceremony letter. All my emails are left unanswered from HO. One thing I noticed though is that their automatic reply email changed recently and they don’t mention the citizenship backlog anymore so I think they have cleared that.

                      I keep checking with my local council but no sign of my certificate being delivered. I agree with you that there seems to be something wrong with the May approvals as most people nowadays receive the combined letter although not everyone clearly.

                      In the meantime I am chasing the SAR team to give me an update on my records in regards to my citizenship ceremony letter but it has been very slow too. My local MP told me that she would give me an update when they come back to her but I see it very unlikely.

                      It has been 11 weeks since my approval and I really don’t know what to do. The advice on Gov.Uk about citizenship ceremonies states that it takes up to 3 months to receive the ceremony letter since approval.

                      Hi Smarah, any update from your side?

                      Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by avgeek View Post

                        Hello,

                        unfortunately I have no update on the progress of my citizenship ceremony letter. All my emails are left unanswered from HO. One thing I noticed though is that their automatic reply email changed recently and they don’t mention the citizenship backlog anymore so I think they have cleared that.

                        I keep checking with my local council but no sign of my certificate being delivered. I agree with you that there seems to be something wrong with the May approvals as most people nowadays receive the combined letter although not everyone clearly.

                        In the meantime I am chasing the SAR team to give me an update on my records in regards to my citizenship ceremony letter but it has been very slow too. My local MP told me that she would give me an update when they come back to her but I see it very unlikely.

                        It has been 11 weeks since my approval and I really don’t know what to do. The advice on Gov.Uk about citizenship ceremonies states that it takes up to 3 months to receive the ceremony letter since approval.

                        Hi Smarah, any update from your side?

                        Thanks.
                        Smarah

                        I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi everyone,

                          Sorry to hear it's still a bit of a nightmare for some of you.

                          I decided to triple-check the Tower Hamlets website to try and book a ceremony slot which I wasn't able to do for weeks. It seems like they got my certificate now because I was able to book a slot for September 22nd. I'm going to double-check with the council that it's all in order.

                          Maybe see if you can book your slots direct on their respective websites too? They won't let you book if the certificates haven't arrived so it's a good indication.

                          Enjoy your respective weekends

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Smarah View Post
                            Hi everyone,

                            Sorry to hear it's still a bit of a nightmare for some of you.

                            I decided to triple-check the Tower Hamlets website to try and book a ceremony slot which I wasn't able to do for weeks. It seems like they got my certificate now because I was able to book a slot for September 22nd. I'm going to double-check with the council that it's all in order.

                            Maybe see if you can book your slots direct on their respective websites too? They won't let you book if the certificates haven't arrived so it's a good indication.

                            Enjoy your respective weekends

                            Thanks for updating us.

                            could you please share on what steps you took to get in touch with HO including any email addresses.

                            I am in the same boat as you in fact I was approved few days earlier than you so your update brings some hope that I will be able to receive mine soon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi all,

                              I have now received the invitation letter via post and I was able to book my ceremony for this week. I am not sure if it was the physical letter I sent to HO the fact that I I reached out to my MP two weeks ago who enquired or just simply random waiting.

                              Hope you will receive your letters soon!

                              Thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X