Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avgeek View Post
    Hi all,

I have now received the invitation letter via post and I was able to book my ceremony for this week. I am not sure if it was the physical letter I sent to HO the fact that I I reached out to my MP two weeks ago who enquired or just simply random waiting.

Hope you will receive your letters soon!

Thanks
    Morning and thanks for the update.

Congratulations! Well done!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Londonnew View Post

Thanks for updating us.

could you please share on what steps you took to get in touch with HO including any email addresses.

I am in the same boat as you in fact I was approved few days earlier than you so your update brings some hope that I will be able to receive mine soon.
      Hi there,

These were the emails I wrote to:

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Please note I did end up getting the letter in the end. Wishing all of you waiting best of luck!

Comment

My citizenship was approved May 19th, 2021. However, it is now October 16th, and I still have not received my ceremony invitation. It's been 5 months since the approval letter, so hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks. I did send an email a few weeks ago for a status, but nothing yet. In the past, when I sent emails, it typically took about a month for a response. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear something soon.

I live in the USA so I am not sure if they are even doing ceremonies for overseas citizens in the US. If so, wouldn't I get my certificate sent? I may contact the British Consulate in Atlanta, maybe in November, if I don't hear anything by then. If anybody has any info about that, it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jmtdancer View Post
          My citizenship was approved May 19th, 2021. However, it is now October 16th, and I still have not received my ceremony invitation. It's been 5 months since the approval letter, so hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks. I did send an email a few weeks ago for a status, but nothing yet. In the past, when I sent emails, it typically took about a month for a response. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear something soon.

I live in the USA so I am not sure if they are even doing ceremonies for overseas citizens in the US. If so, wouldn't I get my certificate sent? I may contact the British Consulate in Atlanta, maybe in November, if I don't hear anything by then. If anybody has any info about that, it would be much appreciated.
          Morning,

The Home Office has been reluctant to allow ceremonies abroad, although they have made an exception with people married to a British spouse, this is because they are not subject to the future intentions requirement, i.e. the requirement to have the intention to make the UK their home.

If you look at their official page: Citizenship ceremonies - GOV.UK

...they say:
          If you’re not living in the UK

You can ask the embassy or consulate in the country you’re living in if you can have the ceremony there instead, or if they can provide a virtual ceremony.

If you’re only abroad for a short time, you might be asked to postpone the ceremony until you return to the UK. You must still book your ceremony within 6 months of getting an invitation.

You might have to prove you’re planning to live in the UK permanently if you’re going to be abroad for more than a few months. If you applied for citizenship in the UK, you cannot have your ceremony abroad.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you very much for the response. I did receive a reply from citizenship support that the FCI should be arranging the ceremony for me and that they should contact me. I'm not sure what FCI stands for. It took about a month for my response. (My application was for citizenship by descent). I may call the British consulate in Atlanta next week to see if they can do the ceremony or if they have any information for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jmtdancer View Post
              Thank you very much for the response. I did receive a reply from citizenship support that the FCI should be arranging the ceremony for me and that they should contact me. I'm not sure what FCI stands for. It took about a month for my response. (My application was for citizenship by descent). I may call the British consulate in Atlanta next week to see if they can do the ceremony or if they have any information for me.
              Morning,

I see now you didn't apply for naturalisation, which is when they are often reluctant to arrange ceremonies abroad, since there is the future intentions requirement, which means applicants are expected to make the UK their home, however, this requirement doesn't apply to registration, and I'm assuming this was the kind of application you made.

Comment

Working...
              X